Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2003, 02:33 PM

Default Cubicle worker.

All,

I work in an office and am looking for a fruit plant for my desk. My
desk is in a cubicle which is ten feet any from a standard tinted
office window so the only real light source for the plant will have to
be the fluorescent overhead lights seven feet above the desk. The
temperature of the office is pretty much a standard 70F M-F but might
range from 60F-80F on the weekends throughout the year. I have read
in this group that fluorescent lights are ineffectual if they are more
that six inches away from the plant but so is life.

I would like for the plant to be a fruit plant (more interesting topic
of conversation) than just a standard plant. Also, a plant that does
not release pollen would be beneficial, nor one that attracts flies,
nor one that grows over, say, 2.5 feet tall.

I thought that maybe two small pepper plants would look pretty in a
clay pot that is eighteen inches long, eight inches wide, six inches
deep. One with red peppers and the other with yellow peppers? I am
not sure..

I look forward to any advice and/or suggestions. I will keep the
group posted on the purchase and any comments from the locals.

Peter