Old 04-10-2003, 07:02 AM
EV

Default Possible Frost Tonight

Ross Reid wrote:

EV wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

In article ,
(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Ross Reid said:

We're almost due North of Erie, PA.
Heavy frost here last night. Matter of fact, it's now 9:15 AM and the
grass is still white where it's in the shade. I'm afraid it's curtains
for the tomatoes and eggplant that were still left in the garden.

Sorry to hear it. Here in Zone 6 southern Ontario, it's 40 F at the moment,
but I know that frost is coming. Some of the tips on my tomatoes look at bit
nipped. I'm just crossing my fingers that I get to them before the big one
hits. Such a short season. Hardly got any tomatillos, which is very
disappointing. Last year I had 'ice raspberies' on October 24th. Looks like
it'll be way earlier this year. Sigh.

We're also in Southern Ontario, (in the western most part of The "New"
City of Hamilton, but certainly not by choice). Zone 5b, still it's
due North of Erie, PA ;-).

Hope I'm still Zone 6 under the new zone system. It would really hurt to be
demoted. I'm in TO's extreme east.

Frost last night was much heavier than the one the other night.
We have tomatillos "up to here" but, haven't found anything we really
like them in. Any suggestions?

Send them to me! :-D

I have a fabulous recipe for tomatillo pasta sauce. Uses lots of garlic and hot
peppers, fresh parsley etc. With garlic shrimp on the side, it's very tasty.
Also have a great cooked Salsa Verde recipe that's good for canning. If you're
interested in either I can post the recipes.

Frost has been nipping, but so far so good.

EV
PS my email addie is a fake to avoid spam.

Ross,
Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b
43º19' North
80º16' West

Old 04-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Ross Reid

EV wrote:

I have a fabulous recipe for tomatillo pasta sauce. Uses lots of garlic and hot
peppers, fresh parsley etc. With garlic shrimp on the side, it's very tasty.
Also have a great cooked Salsa Verde recipe that's good for canning. If you're
interested in either I can post the recipes.

I would be interested in the recipes, if others are interested you
could post them or, you can email them to me if you wish.

Thanks,
Ross,
Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b
43º19' North
80º16' West
Old 04-10-2003, 03:02 PM

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:17:10 -0400, EV
wrote:

I have a fabulous recipe for tomatillo pasta sauce. Uses lots of garlic and hot
peppers, fresh parsley etc. With garlic shrimp on the side, it's very tasty.
Also have a great cooked Salsa Verde recipe that's good for canning. If you're
interested in either I can post the recipes.

Please post them! I've got tomatillos in the fridge just
waiting for a good salsa recipe to come along...

And the pasta one sounds really nice.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 05-10-2003, 07:22 AM
EV

Ross Reid wrote:

EV wrote:

I have a fabulous recipe for tomatillo pasta sauce. Uses lots of garlic and hot
peppers, fresh parsley etc. With garlic shrimp on the side, it's very tasty.
Also have a great cooked Salsa Verde recipe that's good for canning. If you're
interested in either I can post the recipes.

I would be interested in the recipes, if others are interested you
could post them or, you can email them to me if you wish.

Thanks,
Ross,
Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b
43º19' North
80º16' West

I've posted them in a new thread.

Ether

Old 06-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Steve

Pat wrote:
........ I've got tomatillos in the fridge just
waiting for a good salsa recipe to come along...

I can't help wondering if tomatillos loose their flavor under
refrigeration as fast as tomatoes do.

Steve

Old 07-10-2003, 03:11 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

In article ,
Steve wrote:

Pat wrote:
........ I've got tomatillos in the fridge just
waiting for a good salsa recipe to come along...

I can't help wondering if tomatillos loose their flavor under
refrigeration as fast as tomatoes do.

Steve

In my experience, yes.