Old 18-06-2008, 04:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default A surprise for me!

The first picture I took with my new camera was of a tiny blue flower,
speedwell, on a bank in our garden. That was some weeks ago, I've only just
looked at it and was about to crop the picture when I noticed the hairy
leaves of Grim the Collier which wasn't then in flower. I'm more pleased
with the leaves than the speedwell flower :-)

Mary

Attached Thumbnails
A surprise for me!-speedwell-grim-collier-leaves.jpg
Old 18-06-2008, 04:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

The first picture I took with my new camera was of a tiny blue flower,
speedwell, on a bank in our garden. That was some weeks ago, I've only just
looked at it and was about to crop the picture when I noticed the hairy
leaves of Grim the Collier which wasn't then in flower. I'm more pleased
with the leaves than the speedwell flower :-)

Mary

begin 666 speedwell with Grim the Collier leaves.JPG
[Image]

end

The overall pic is a lot of fun. :-)
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein
Old 18-06-2008, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:34:16 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

The first picture I took with my new camera was of a tiny blue flower,
speedwell, on a bank in our garden. That was some weeks ago, I've only just
looked at it and was about to crop the picture when I noticed the hairy
leaves of Grim the Collier which wasn't then in flower. I'm more pleased
with the leaves than the speedwell flower :-)

Mary

It is nice, a different sort. I like it.
Old 18-06-2008, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

The first picture I took with my new camera was of a tiny blue flower,
speedwell, on a bank in our garden. That was some weeks ago, I've only
just looked at it and was about to crop the picture when I noticed the
hairy leaves of Grim the Collier which wasn't then in flower. I'm more
pleased with the leaves than the speedwell flower :-)

Hahahaha! Yeah - with all due respect, it's not much of a flower is it?
)

I see you got yourself a Canon EOS 400D. Very nice choice. Have you been
practicing? When's the trip?
--
Pat Durkin

Old 18-06-2008, 07:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

The first picture I took with my new camera was of a tiny blue flower,
speedwell, on a bank in our garden. That was some weeks ago, I've only
just looked at it and was about to crop the picture when I noticed the
hairy leaves of Grim the Collier which wasn't then in flower. I'm more
pleased with the leaves than the speedwell flower :-)

Hahahaha! Yeah - with all due respect, it's not much of a flower is it?
)

Well, as my (short) husband says, "There's good stuff in small bottles.

"And poison ... "

:-)

I see you got yourself a Canon EOS 400D. Very nice choice.

Thank you, I did ask on here first ...

Have you been practicing?

Not as much as I should. We've had a grand daughter staying with us until
this morning - Hurrah - and it's been, shall I say, diverting. That's
positive. Don't ask about the negative.

When's the trip?

End of July for a fortnight. From now I'll be practising (our spelling)
every day. It will help that I bought a new (and
not-wonderful-but-better-than-my-old) tripod. Couldn't justify a monopod
although that was my ideal.

Thanks for your comment,

Mary
--
Pat Durkin

[IMG] code is On

Daniel's Web Site was Sloooow Motion Roses & Neat Surprise! Kirra Roses 1 04-11-2003 01:02 PM
A pleasant surprise Carl Koop Ponds 6 05-06-2003 12:21 AM
A SURPRISE OF 300 acres in ATLANTIC CANADA Kees sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:27 PM
Surprise, surprise Zemedelec Gardening 1 30-03-2003 01:20 PM
Acuba Picturata a pleasant surprise! Little Badger United Kingdom 0 25-03-2003 08:20 PM