Old 19-02-2003, 05:39 PM
animaux

Default Favorite Plants??

Not here. All hellebores are called lenten roses. Common names. You know how
that goes.

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:03:36 GMT, Pam wrote:

Actually "Lenten or Christmas rose" refers to Helleborus niger specifically - the
rest are simply referred to as hellebores.

animaux wrote:

I believe a common name is "lenten rose" not Christmal rose.

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:29:30 +0900, "Ono" wrote:

"Carolyn LeCrone" wrote in message
I love my hellebores.

Which term do u often used to call that plant - hellebores or Christmal
rose?
Or can't we use these terms interchangeably?
Thanks in advance.

- Ono (a Asian gardener who aren't clear about plant names in english)

Carolyn
"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
Of all the things you have growing in your garden(s) which could you
not
live without?

Lithodora 'Grace Ward.'

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the
oncoming
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Old 23-02-2003, 10:28 PM
Dave Chalton

"LeeAnne" wrote in message ...
Hi all gardening buds (pun intended, lol)

Of all the things you have growing in your garden(s) which could you not
live without? I know it's a toughie, but pick one . . .

Mine would probably be the purple coneflower . . . or sunflowers, wait, no
it's the sweet peas, ack no change that it's the columbine . . .arrrgghhh,
even I can't do it!! If I lived where I could grow them, it would be the
bird of paradise plant that I saw everywhere in San Diego a couple years
ago.

Mine wouldn't technically be a garden plant - certainly not here in
Scotland, but if someone sprayed my chilli plants - ooooh, there'd be
trouble. So that would be mine, and you can eat them too!
Old 17-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Dave Chalton

Hey Zhan,
That would be cool - what varieties did you get?
I'm currently kinda restricted for space, as I'm growing in a window,
but I hope to have a greenhouse by the end of the year, so next season
should have plenty space.
As far as I'm aware, there are no problems with posting seed -
certainly mail order stuff comes through ok, and I've bought from
within the uk, South Africa and Australia (though the cheapest by far
was Mr Fothergills seed catalogue, in the UK).
Most of the plants I got just now are from seeds saved from last year,
and I hope to do the same next year, so we could do a swap, although
to be honest, the ones I'm growing right now are kinda anonymous,
being from parrot feed and bought chiles. We could sort something out
I'm sure.

zhanataya wrote in message . ..
I just ordered a disgusting amount of chile plants from Cross Country
Nursery. I don't know much about edibles but if they come true from
seed would you like me to send some to you at the end of season if
Scotland allows for seed import.

zhan