Old 27-07-2006, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Run-Away Vine

"pixi" wrote in message
The poor woman made a simple remark. Why are you all picking on
her. And as for Ann. .6 acres is one very small lot. And you are
probably a sweet young thing who has no idea what it feels like to be
old. Lazy? I doubt it. I was once known as a workaholic. My
daughter often accused me of making work just for the heck of it. I
am over 80 years old and I keep plugging but I can't get much done any
more. Makes me mad. But that's old age.

Let's knock off being nasty to Lucy.

Thanks, pixi. I asked one little question and got flamed, really only
two people. I'm quite used to it. I think I'm done with this group and
most of the rest of usennet.

Old 27-07-2006, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"I Love Lucy" wrote in message
k.net...

"pixi" wrote in message
The poor woman made a simple remark. Why are you all picking on her.
And as for Ann. .6 acres is one very small lot. And you are probably a
sweet young thing who has no idea what it feels like to be old. Lazy?
I doubt it. I was once known as a workaholic. My daughter often
accused me of making work just for the heck of it. I am over 80 years
old and I keep plugging but I can't get much done any more. Makes me
mad. But that's old age.

Let's knock off being nasty to Lucy.

Thanks, pixi. I asked one little question and got flamed, really only
two people. I'm quite used to it. I think I'm done with this group and
most of the rest of usennet.

good riddence.

If you're going to impersonate me, you should learn to spell, you moron.

Old 27-07-2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

good riddence.

Nice. Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Old 27-07-2006, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Doug Kanter

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Old 27-07-2006, 08:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Is this the biggest achievement you can point to in the past few decades?

Old 27-07-2006, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Is this the biggest achievement you can point to in the past few decades?

I'd hardly call outing a loud mouth asshole bigot the likes of Doug Kanter
any achievement.

Old 27-07-2006, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Is this the biggest achievement you can point to in the past few decades?

I'd hardly call outing a loud mouth asshole bigot the likes of Doug Kanter
any achievement.

The "bigot" part is simply untrue, but I doubt you're capable of reviewing
the messages well enough to see that.

Old 27-07-2006, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Is this the biggest achievement you can point to in the past few decades?

I'd hardly call outing a loud mouth asshole bigot the likes of Doug Kanter
any achievement.

And by the way, by "achievement", I was referring to your amazing ability to
look things up, apparently without a small child assisting you. What's your
next trick? Brush your teeth without poking your eye out?

Old 27-07-2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Is this the biggest achievement you can point to in the past few
decades?

I'd hardly call outing a loud mouth asshole bigot the likes of Doug
Kanter any achievement.

The "bigot" part is simply untrue,

How would you know that, are YOU Doug Kanter too?

but I doubt you're capable of reviewing the messages well enough to see
that.

I don't enjoy reading his messages, no, I've killfiled him.

Old 27-07-2006, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Is this the biggest achievement you can point to in the past few
decades?

I'd hardly call outing a loud mouth asshole bigot the likes of Doug
Kanter any achievement.

And by the way, by "achievement", I was referring to your amazing ability
to look things up, apparently without a small child assisting you.

What is your problem? The info is in the second message in the above url.
http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

What's your next trick? Brush your teeth without poking your eye out?

You sound like Doug Kanter the loud mouth asshole bigot, JoeSpareBedroom.

Old 27-07-2006, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"LeeAnne" wrote in message
.. .

Hey Doug, do you wear a sheet when you post?

http://tinyurl.com/f85xp

Call him and ask him.

Doug Kanter
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Is this the biggest achievement you can point to in the past few
decades?

I'd hardly call outing a loud mouth asshole bigot the likes of Doug
Kanter any achievement.

The "bigot" part is simply untrue,

How would you know that, are YOU Doug Kanter too?

but I doubt you're capable of reviewing the messages well enough to see
that.

I don't enjoy reading his messages, no, I've killfiled him.

Killfiled whom?

Old 28-07-2006, 05:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

I'm not sure what part of the country you are from, but here in the Midwest, if
you don't spray with chemicals at the proper time, you can kiss your fruit
good-bye. Organic methods are only partial solutions, so until you come up with
a preventative
for apple maggots and codling moths of which I get my share, I'm spraying with
the
proper chemicals to kill them. I'm not worried about getting poisoned because I
don't spray a few weeks before picking. That gives the sun and rain plenty of
time to
break down these chemicals. I also wash my fruit before eating it. For those
fanatics who still think they are in danger, you can peel the skin off an apple
since the
chemicals do not penetrate through it. Avoiding chemicals totally is
hypocritical, since we are exposed to much worse stuff in the air we breath,
etc., etc. If it makes
you feel better and you don't mind all that attacked fruit, go ahead and stick
exclusively to organics.

Sherwin D.

I Love Lucy wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"I Love Lucy" wrote in message
ink.net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Perhaps not, but true, if you mishandle chemicals whose toxicity is
unknown. Since the toxicity of ALL garden chemicals is unknown, you
can draw your own conclusions.

My conclusion for some time has been that they could all be dangerous
and should be handled with extreme caution. My conclusion is also
that I do not fire the first volley of gratuitous insults at another
poster. But that's usenet. I'm used to it.

Shock has value. There is NO excuse for using these chemicals at home.
Not ever.

So who is going to dig all my dandelions, kill all my Virginia Creeper,
kill all my unknown kudzu-mimicing vine, all the underground root
systems, all my oxalis, all my creeping charlie, all my crabgrass, all
my lamb's ears (pull that by hand because of my violets), all my stuff
that looked like marijuana that nobody ever id'ed, my volunteer walnut
tree that refuses to give up when I whack it, and who knows what else is
lurking out there? This is my reward for my environmentally friendly,
bird-loving, pet-protectionist, self-protectionist do-nothing approach
for years. It's getting a couple apps of some broadleaf pesticide a
year and paint brushing from now on. I'd do it myself, but the tank
when full weighs 40 pounds and you wear it like a backpack. It's bad
enough I have to hand weed my wildflowers and some other spots.

I think I'll go dump all my old gasoline and chemicals in the rain drain
across the street because I don't want to waste fossil fuel, my time and
my energy driving it to the hazardous waste center where disposal is by
appointment only. I'm just kidding. I did dump gasoline in it years
ago before I knew better.

My yard is looking better every day since I got rid of most of those
weeds.

Unless we buy 100% certified organic food, we are eating products that
have been treated with chemicals by the hundreds of tons. I never will
spray my fruit trees though. One lady who wanted an apple from my tree
wouldn't let her kid pick any until I assured her they hadn't been
sprayed. Just about everything around us has one kind of chemical or
another in it.

Old 28-07-2006, 02:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

That is a terrible thing to advise. Even worse than Roundup. Much worse.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Pour gasoline on it lots of it.

"pixi" wrote in message
Got a vine here (Potomac Highlands, NE WV) that is a terrible mess. The
flower looks like morning glory but is white. It crawls and climbs, and
wraps itself on everything. I don't think it's a moonflower because it
blooms all day. If I don't keep cutting it out it would choke my good
plants out of existance.

Can anyone tell me what it is and how to get rid of it permanently?

Thanks a bunch.