Old 15-06-2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Electric Sprayers

Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides.
I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am
currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the
vineyard.
Old 15-06-2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides.
I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am
currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the
vineyard.

Can't help you with your question, but how do you keep deer from wrecking
your vines? I've got just two, and I'm getting ready to camp out there with
a weapon. That'll work for a day, but I'll be arrested, which will be
deleterious to my lifestyle.

Old 15-06-2007, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:37:57 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides.
I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am
currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the
vineyard.

I use a John Deere 25 gallon sprayer that I pull behind my riding lawn
mower. It is OK, but if I bought another I would look for one with
either a submersible pump or some kind of priming mechanism. Priming
the top mounted diaphragm pump on my sprayer is frustrating at times.

However, it does produce enough pressure to get a fine mist and can
reach about 20 feet high.

John
Old 15-06-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote
in message

Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and
pesticides. I have a 100 vine backyard
vineyard. I am currently using a SOLO 4 gallon
manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and
be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover
the vineyard.

Can't help you with your question, but how do
you keep deer from wrecking your vines? I've got
just two, and I'm getting ready to camp out
there with a weapon. That'll work for a day, but
I'll be arrested, which will be deleterious to
my lifestyle.

I put up netting on three sides. I live in town
but the deer are coming into town now because of
all the new development. A couple of local
commercial growers around me solved their deer
problem by putting in an electric fence. They
say that one strand about 3 feet above the ground
and smeared with peanut butter does the trick.
The love peanut butter but once they get bit,
they stay away. One guy does this and also has a
strand about one foot from the ground to zap the
raccoons.
Old 15-06-2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides.
I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am
currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the
vineyard.

Can't help you with your question, but how do you keep deer from wrecking
your vines? I've got just two, and I'm getting ready to camp out there with
a weapon. That'll work for a day, but I'll be arrested, which will be
deleterious to my lifestyle.

A wire fence, 12' minimum. Those suckers can fly.

- Bill

Old 16-06-2007, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Paul E. Lehmann wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides.
I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am
currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the
vineyard.

I would think Solo would have an adjustable nozzle that would fit your
sprayer to create the particle size you want.

Lar
Old 16-06-2007, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:46:04 -0500, Charlie wrote:

wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides.
I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am
currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the
vineyard.

I use a John Deere 25 gallon sprayer that I pull behind my riding lawn
mower. It is OK, but if I bought another I would look for one with
either a submersible pump or some kind of priming mechanism. Priming
the top mounted diaphragm pump on my sprayer is frustrating at times.

However, it does produce enough pressure to get a fine mist and can
reach about 20 feet high.

John

sheesh......why'nt ya just get a friggin' rail gun and blast that crap
into the stratosphere so's you can give even more of us a dose of yer
poison.

Uhhh.......high pressure, fine mist, twenty feet in the
air........hell, John, bet you don't get much drift, do ya?

Yeah.......that's responsible application of poison.

Do you wear a respirator when doing this?

I am a licensed pesticide applicator and follow all of the storage,
application, personal protective equipment, record keeping, reporting
and disposal rules. I am inspected by the state every year.

The results prove the "responsible application". I have five honeybee
hives just a few feet away from my orchard and they thrive there. I
must be doing it right.

John

[IMG] code is On

Two Wagner Sprayers for auction deeman Lawns 0 10-11-2003 11:02 AM
Irrigation - Drippers or Sprayers Ecky Thump Australia 4 28-09-2003 04:02 AM
Garden Sprayers marolex Gardening 0 19-09-2003 01:32 PM
Hose end sprayers Richard Gardening 1 08-07-2003 03:32 AM
Lawn sprayers for Toro Robt Lawns 4 01-05-2003 07:44 PM