Old 01-12-2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Problems by humans on trees

"symplastless" wrote in message

Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...eplanting.html

Really informative?

--
Dave

Old 01-12-2007, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message

Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...eplanting.html

Really informative?

--
Dave

Hey....who knew? :-)

Old 01-12-2007, 11:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:48:41 -0600, "D. Staples"
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:10:38 -0500, "symplastless"
wrote:

Unless you have a comment on trees and their proper care, please reframe
from your negative attacks.

John, I have to tell you, based on your behavior, constant spamming
with your links, and ongoing taunting, I wouldn't call you as an
arborist if you were the last one on earth.

I understand you are passionate about this, but give it a break, man.
Nobody asked you to constantly post links over and over ad nauseum.
You turn off many people and it isn't because your information is not
right, it's the presentation. It's old aready.

Add to it a lot of his stuff is not right, and you see the problem.

I'm as tired as anyone of the constant repetition, but please direct
me to any information he has provided that is not accurate.

Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT
Old 02-12-2007, 07:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Unless you have a comment on trees and their proper care, please
reframe
from your negative attacks.

John, I have to tell you, based on your behavior, constant spamming
with your links, and ongoing taunting, I wouldn't call you as an
arborist if you were the last one on earth.

I understand you are passionate about this, but give it a break, man.
Nobody asked you to constantly post links over and over ad nauseum.
You turn off many people and it isn't because your information is not
right, it's the presentation. It's old aready.

Add to it a lot of his stuff is not right, and you see the problem.

I'm as tired as anyone of the constant repetition, but please direct
me to any information he has provided that is not accurate.

Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT

You're right. Its accurate to say if you plant tree too deep, it will have
problems. (Then, leave you hanging exactly how deep you should plant a
tree...) (Of course its a generic tree since it addresses no specific
species). (Of course, the depth of planting too deep is never defined...)

Strangely unspecific, generic and nowhere to go...

Oh, the generic tree. Should we rake up the leaves under the generic tree
in fall, or leave them be (Y/N)? No specifics, please. No weblinks,
thanks.
Dave

Old 02-12-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Unless you have a comment on trees and their proper care, please
reframe
from your negative attacks.

John, I have to tell you, based on your behavior, constant spamming
with your links, and ongoing taunting, I wouldn't call you as an
arborist if you were the last one on earth.

I understand you are passionate about this, but give it a break, man.
Nobody asked you to constantly post links over and over ad nauseum.
You turn off many people and it isn't because your information is not
right, it's the presentation. It's old aready.

Add to it a lot of his stuff is not right, and you see the problem.

I'm as tired as anyone of the constant repetition, but please direct
me to any information he has provided that is not accurate.

Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT

Easy enough, check his so called dictionary, start at forestry. You are
apparently a certified Texas arboist, he is a tree hacker.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Planting southern yellow pine for forestry application recommends planting
above the root collar, just enough to cover it.

As for your last question, is the generic tree in what zone? Wild or
cultivated?

Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Treedweller" wrote in
me to any information he has provided that is not accurate.

Keith Babberney
ISA Certified Arborist #TX-0236AT

I am sorry about the repetition. I do not repeat as much as humans are
incorrectly treating the trees. That is what really gets old is the false
advice and low quality tree care that takes place. Just look at the way
people mulch the trees. Its sad. I will keep with the same message.
However, if Don Staples can provide data that is peer reviewed and published
that suggest I am wrong, I would be happy. However, its just a matter of
name slinging and noise. Not to mention the fowl language.
Where is your definition of a forest or forestry Don Staples? At least I
define my terms. You present noise. Look that one up after forestry.

Beware of so called foresters who do not understand the ecological stages of
trees with respect to the chemistry between them and their
associates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message

Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...eplanting.html

Really informative?

--
Dave

Thats just for starters.
YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND MORE INFORMATIVE INFORMATION HERE.

www.shigoandtrees.com
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

However, if Don Staples can provide data that is peer reviewed and
published that suggest I am wrong, I would be happy. However, its just a
matter of name slinging and noise. Not to mention the fowl language.

Fowl (?) language, sorry I don't speak bird.

Where is your definition of a forest or forestry Don Staples? At least I
define my terms. You present noise. Look that one up after forestry.

Sorry, I have not and will not produce a useless so called dictionary. Your
definetions in your terms has little to do with reality.

Peer review and published? Where is your peer review, tree hacker? Where
have you published, other than your web site, and there usually reposts of
Dr. Shigo's work.

Beware of so called foresters who do not understand the ecological stages
of trees with respect to the chemistry between them and their
associates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware of so called consulting arborists that have never studied biology,
and never was an certified arborist.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

[...]

put it this way, it is ultimately always better to plant ANY tree too
shallow than it is too deeply. The root or trunk flare must be above
ground on any tree, period the end.

Agreed. But, what is too shallow, what is too deep for ANY tree? The
weblink Symplastless said to go to has no reference. No tree specified. No
depth specified. Leaves the reader hanging, wondering "now what?" in
exactly what is too deep or too shallow. Remember, no species of tree is
mentioned.

Was hoping one of the posters who advertised themselves a arborist would
jump in for an appropriate answer. Should have known better....

Raking leaves is a good idea when it comes to fruit trees. The
leaves, fruit droppings and pits or seeds can carry disease so should
be removed. For ornamental trees it is best to leave the litter, but
in that case I would recommend you shred them with your lawn mower
first.

Okay. Common trees in our area. Native Live oak (early spring only
leaves), Native Juniper ashe - blueberry (needles fall anytime), Pecan
(leaves in fall season). Some Yankees are saying to keep the leaves raked
up due to what you said on fruit trees applies to ALL trees I've read in
similar newsgroup. Course, the common sense types have said "poppycock" as
nature shows otherwise in a natural setting.
Dave

Old 03-12-2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.

"fowl language"? Someone speaking chicken-talk?
Dave

Old 04-12-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message

Simple. You plant the tree, whatever species, most of the time, at the
depth the roots come off the trunk. people here plant trees so deep the
branches are coming out of the ground.

Do you know the anatomy differences between a woody root and a woody stem?
Trees do not have root flares, they have trunk flares. You should look
ariound and find a tree biology workshop to attend. Then you will be able
to answer your own question.

Roots down, stem up. Mulch to be kept at least 6" from the trunk flare.
3-4 inches thich and flat. Whatever species. Its not rocket science.

Get the book MODERN ARBORICULTURE to learn about trees. I will bet you
never read the book. Yet you complain about poor instructions. MA is a
lucid book. READ! READ! READ! THINK! THINK! THINK! PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE. Can't afford the book. Come visit me and I will give you one.
What more can I offer you? Other than that maybe you don't like trees? I
do not know!

Old 04-12-2007, 02:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

Old 04-12-2007, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"symplastless" wrote in message
"fowl language"? Someone speaking chicken-talk?
Dave

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Now, sit down and shut the **** up.

--------

Jangchub wrote

Um, ****, shit, doody, crap, asshole, prick, scumbag, mo fo, pee pee,
**** stick.

Too bad I'm not a man. I can't be judged now.

-------

JoeSpareBedroom;762673]"Jangchub"
wrote in message

...-
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:44:09 -0500, "symplastless"
wrote:
-
Bad words. Judge a man by the words that he uses.-

Um, ****, shit, doody, crap, asshole, prick, scumbag, mo fo, pee pee,
**** stick.

This is what they put down in writing????????

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote in message
Beware of so called consulting arborists that have never studied biology,
and never was an certified arborist.

Mr. Don

"Here I am" - teaching tree biology at ASU.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/T/teaching.html
How do you explain that Mr. Expert or so called expert that believes to
understand tree biology one MUST belong to a trade association. You are
wrong. I belong to ADP. I guess you do not know what that is.

http://www.alleghenydefense.org/

You probably believe if we do not cut trees we can not wipe our butt. How
about separating the forest from the tree farms and legalizing commercial
hemp? What about that Mr. expert.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.