Old 17-05-2009, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default 650 ml Jim Beam bottles useless

"Charlie" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 May 2009 17:20:04 +1200, "George.com"
wrote:

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
news:BqqdnW9Rk5ZUxJDXnZ2dnUVZ8uudnZ2d@brightview .co.uk...
On 15/05/09 12:53, George.com wrote:

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
news On 15/05/09 11:24, George.com wrote:
No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and plastic
crews caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

Water tight? pmsl, not likely.

Nah, chuck the *******s out for recycling. If you want it in glass,
use
the 750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops secured with a proper
bottle
capper.

Fkn screw top bottles and screw tops, as much use as a chocolate
fireguard. Useless pile of shite.

Just my observation

rob

Hey Rob mate... what r u on about?

Here , in UK, Jim Beam bourbon comes in glass bottles with screw cap.
No plastic.

yes, exactly the same with these bottles. The shitey plastic screw caps
don't properly seal the reused glass bottles. A load of ******** for
bottling cider. As much use as a fart in a space suit. Useless pile of
shite.

As said above, use the 750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops

rob

Rob,

I thought Jim Beam was bourbon, not beer? They now selling beer in nz?

bottling cider! not beer.

Jim Beam is bourbon, it is also crap. I much prefer scotch.

Beam is worse than crap, IMO. I made a batch of baked beans several
years ago that called for bourbon, so I cabbaged a ha'pint of Beam
from a buddy who actually drank that shite.

We all had one bite and chucked the rest in the trash.

waste not, want not. Don't you have dogs or cats?

So, how's the bottling going today, old trout?

sorted

Old 17-05-2009, 07:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Never underestimate man's redoutable ability to screw things up
beyond all recognition, i. e. acetaldehyde.

hey Billy, any ideas about distilling 6% vinegar to around 20%? i
need to deal with some poison ivy... i know the 20% works, but i
can't find any to buy.
lee

Old 17-05-2009, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4

Old 17-05-2009, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Never underestimate man's redoutable ability to screw things up
beyond all recognition, i. e. acetaldehyde.

hey Billy, any ideas about distilling 6% vinegar to around 20%? i
need to deal with some poison ivy... i know the 20% works, but i
can't find any to buy.
lee

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation

Edmund was a place I used to visit for glassware etc. Want some SPG
stuff they got it. They are 30 miles from my house.

http://www.edsci.com/

So a one litter flask, variac, distilation apparatus with cut off etc
etc . May be pricey.

Bill who wonders if you can just boil off the BUT GUESS'S the product
we want goes off first

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Old 17-05-2009, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Never underestimate man's redoutable ability to screw things up
beyond all recognition, i. e. acetaldehyde.

hey Billy, any ideas about distilling 6% vinegar to around 20%? i
need to deal with some poison ivy... i know the 20% works, but i
can't find any to buy.
lee

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_distillation

Edmund was a place I used to visit for glassware etc. Want some SPG
stuff they got it. They are 30 miles from my house.

http://www.edsci.com/

So a one litter flask, variac, distilation apparatus with cut off etc
etc . May be pricey.

Bill who wonders if you can just boil off the BUT GUESS'S the product
we want goes off first

It's a pot still. You are only limited by the size of the boiling flask.
Speaking of which, it is good to have boiling chips (little glass beads
that go in the flask to insure an orderly bubbling and not one giant
bubble which would, could, be threatening). You increase the heat until
the thermometer is reading the boiling temp of what you are looking for.
I believe you would be looking for 78.2 °C.

Old 18-05-2009, 07:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

"George.com" wrote in message

No, let me rephrase that. 650ml glass Jim Beam bottles and plastic crews
caps and fn shite for bottling cider.

Water tight? pmsl, not likely.

Nah, chuck the *******s out for recycling. If you want it in glass, use
the 750 ml beer bottles and the metal tops secured with a proper bottle
capper.

Fkn screw top bottles and screw tops, as much use as a chocolate
fireguard. Useless pile of shite.

Just my observation

LOL. Thus spake a very frustrated home brewer.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered User

Identical to the bottle. Plastic screw cap shitey Incorrect re-use glass bottles sealed. Load is a bottled cider. As much as possible with a fart in a space suit. A pile of useless Fast.
Pond Supplies