Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Stinky

Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky",
contact the Huntington. Stinky
is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which
blooms only every few years. Smell
is supposed to be, uh, unbelievable. They're waiting for bloom
opening, any day now. Caused a huge sensation last time it opened; hit
all the media. So I hope to fight my way through the crowds when word
comes that it's opened.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:25:13 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky",
contact the Huntington. Stinky
is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which
blooms only every few years. Smell
is supposed to be, uh, unbelievable. They're waiting for bloom
opening, any day now. Caused a huge sensation last time it opened; hit
all the media. So I hope to fight my way through the crowds when word
comes that it's opened.

Titan arum?

http://mgonline.com/media/Images/s/stinky01.jpg

Boron
Old 14-06-2009, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky",
contact the Huntington. *Stinky
is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which
blooms only every few years. Smell
is supposed to be, uh, unbelievable. *They're waiting for bloom
opening, any day now. Caused a huge sensation last time it opened; hit
all the media. *So I hope to fight my way through the crowds when word
comes that it's opened.

Titan arum?

http://mgonline.com/media/Images/s/stinky01.jpg

Boron

Yup, I got several Amorphophallus konjacs this spring. 2 of them are
4+ pounders!
Old 14-06-2009, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 11, 6:25*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky",
contact the Huntington. *Stinky
is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which
blooms only every few years. Smell
is supposed to be, uh, unbelievable. *They're waiting for bloom
opening, any day now. Caused a huge sensation last time it opened; hit
all the media. *So I hope to fight my way through the crowds when word
comes that it's opened.

Check ebay for Amorphophallus Titium
Old 29-06-2009, 10:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 13, 5:05*pm, Johnny Borborigmi wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:25*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky",
contact the Huntington. *Stinky
is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which
blooms only every few years. Smell
is supposed to be, uh, unbelievable. *They're waiting for bloom
opening, any day now. Caused a huge sensation last time it opened; hit
all the media. *So I hope to fight my way through the crowds when word
comes that it's opened.

Check ebay for Amorphophallus Titium

Yep. They have name on sign at site.

The "phallus" part is self-evident snicker

I rushed out first day the Huntington sent an email alert,
but didn't get full effect. Not much smell, for one thing,
and it wasn't wide open. Staff said it had opened late
previous night and early next morning, briefly, but
when I got there it was only partially open. Still, a fascinating
experience. Crowds were good-natured, letting people
take pix in turn.

They were selling "Stinky" plants in front of the bookstore
for $250 a pop. You could have your very own "Stinky"
garden party in due course, complete with smell.

Will I make it to the next time? Stay tuned g

Persephone

Old 29-06-2009, 04:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

AMORphoPHALLUS TITIum

Ah, brings back memories.
Should be just like riding a bike,
only completely different.

You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can't win
And so it goes
Till the day you die
This thing they call love
It's gonna make you cry
I've had the blues
The reds and the pinks
One thing for sure

(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://green-house.tv/video/the-spring-garden-tour
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn
Old 29-06-2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

AMORphoPHALLUS TITIum

Ah, brings back memories.
Should be just like riding a bike,
only completely different.

You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can't win
And so it goes
Till the day you die
This thing they call love
It's gonna make you cry
I've had the blues
The reds and the pinks
One thing for sure

(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah

Radar Love 2:48 Bachman Turner Overdrive

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives

[IMG] code is On

stinky trees? stltrees Gardening 15 11-11-2005 03:42 AM
nettle soup / feed / stinky stuff! Phil L United Kingdom 4 01-06-2005 04:50 PM
Help Save Me From Nasty Stinky Red Mushrooms [email protected] Gardening 8 18-02-2005 11:10 PM
[IBC] Stinky Adventure (ginkgo seeds found) - update sam crowell Bonsai 3 27-05-2004 01:07 AM
[IBC] Stinky Adventure (ginkgo seeds found) sam crowell Bonsai 4 22-12-2003 05:13 PM