Old 20-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Pelvis Popcan

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

Please don't harm innocent animals that don't know any better.

Try these:

http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...&RecGroupNum=1

or

http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...&RecGroupNum=6

or

http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...&RecGroupNum=2
(probably the best)

-PP

"JNJ" wrote:

I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked out
to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and
notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I
just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon and
this cat is using my new bed for a litter box. We had a torrential downpour
last night here -- all of the mulch (cypress mulch by the way) is still wet
and it didn't stop him.

Maybe I can create a motion sensitive device that will send a focused beam
of electricity at the cat when it squats -- a Tesla ray gun. Turn them into
instant fertilizer.

GRRRRRRR....

James

Old 21-07-2003, 02:42 AM
Bill Spohn

Please don't harm innocent animals that don't know any better.
Try these:

http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...D=16975&lstCat

egory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=2
(probably the best)

Yeah right! As if spraying a racoon with water will dissuade it from ripping
into your garden.

Trapping is about the only way to deal with them (although I use a high voltage
electric fence around fruit trees at harvest time) and a quick submergence in
the trap (say 10 minutes or so) under water to make sure they are REALLY clean
before you 'release' them......
Old 21-07-2003, 03:22 AM
Tyra Trevellyn

From: (Bill Spohn)
Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003 7:57 PM
Please don't harm innocent animals that don't know any better.
Try these:

http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...D=16975&lstCat
egory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=2
(probably the best)

Yeah right! As if spraying a racoon with water will dissuade it from ripping
into your garden.

Trapping is about the only way to deal with them (although I use a high
voltage
electric fence around fruit trees at harvest time) and a quick submergence
in
the trap (say 10 minutes or so) under water to make sure they are REALLY
clean
before you 'release' them......

Drowning is a slow and painful death for animals as large as raccoons.
Although it was once considered acceptable, it is no longer considered humane.
If you must kill, consider humane methods, please.

Tyra
Old 21-07-2003, 11:14 AM
Dvd

"JNJ" wrote in message
news
I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked out
to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and
notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I
just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon and
this cat is using my new bed for a litter box.

See the cat poll
http://home.golden.net/~dhobson/catpoll.htm

Old 21-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Curious

What are the considered "humane methods" for killing animals
please.... I'm assuming raccoons, squirrels, groundhogs, possums,
etc.

I'm not a troll, I think some of these animals can be / are
pretty destructive esp. in agricultural communities....
Also having been bitten twice by unleashed dogs on my
property, I'm not a dog lover, but let's not discuss putting down
dogs.

So broaden my education just a little..... are there humane methods
of killing animals without taking a shitload of them to the local
vet and paying for lethal injections.

On 21 Jul 2003 02:18:07 GMT, oway (Tyra Trevellyn)

From:
(Bill Spohn)

Old 21-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Phisherman

Last weekend a stray white cat came onto our deck and knocked over a
cactus and broke it. The cactus is over 30 years old from my mother.
I'm sure the cactus (of what is left) will survive, but I am totally
****ed at the cat. I'd like the chance to hose it down but my spouse
really wants it to take the eternal dirt nap.

Old 21-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Yeah sure, blame the cat for you putting your top heavy plant someplace that
it can readily fall over.

You should try to be an adult and accept the blame for creating a situation
where the plant could fall over in the first place. It would appear that the
plant was long overdue for repotting.

Old 21-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Julia Altshuler

Get a humane live trap. Trap the cat. Turn it in to Animal Control along with
information on your best guess as to where the cat lives. (If the cat wears an
identification tag, bonus!) Express concern about the poor kitty possibly
getting hurt by cars or dogs. Do not bely any annoyance about cat ripping up
and defecating in garden. Put up signs about found kitty now at Animal Control.

Now it is your neighbor's turn. Frantic neighbor hopes for beloved kitty's
return. Neighbor learns that Precious is safe and living temporarily at county
shelter. Goes to get Precious. Animal Control charges in the neighborhood of
$50.00 for return of cat. Angry neighbor confronts gardener. Gardener says
nothing about flower beds and cat shit and instead expresses relief that poor
endangered cat has been returned safely to home, love and security.

Repeat as necessary. Most animal control offices will increase the fee with
each successive rescue and return.

Most important: Affect an air of goofy idiosyncracy in all your dealings with
irate neighbor. Never appear calculating or annoyed. You must always be most
concerned with poor, endangered cat who could get killed in the big bad world
out there. Become confused, not beligerent, when neighbor suggests that you
return Precious directly to him instead of expensive county agency.

Result: Cat is unharmed. Neighbor learns to keep Precious at home.
Neighborhood tranquility is preserved.

--Lia
Old 21-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Tyra Trevellyn

From: Curious
Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2003 8:18 AM
On 21 Jul 2003 02:18:07 GMT, oway (Tyra Trevellyn)

From:
(Bill Spohn)
Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003 7:57 PM
[...]

This is definitely not my area and I hope, if you're as serious as you say, you
get some input from those with good information.

However, if you're a farmer or live in an agricultural community, you already
know the answer to your question. So I'm assuming you're living in a
residential area and don't like the incursion of the local wildlife on your
property. No matter, though, because aside from building an inpenetrable domed
fortress, you'll not be free of them because they live there. A "shitload" of
animals? Are you really declaring war on the entire native wildlife
population? (Note that some species are protected by law.)

Humane methods of animal destruction are methods whereby the animal is quickly
and painlessly rendered unconscious. A well-placed bullet, a blunt-force head
trauma, severed carotid arteries, sufficient electrical or chemical input, etc.
And of course these methods would need a very efficient administrator to carry
them out humanely.....

Tyra
nNJ usa

Old 21-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Phisherman

Well, whatever. It won't happen again. The cactus will recover, but
the cat will not. The cat should have read the sign posted, "Cats:
Beware of shotgun."

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:47:56 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Yeah sure, blame the cat for you putting your top heavy plant someplace that
it can readily fall over.

You should try to be an adult and accept the blame for creating a situation
where the plant could fall over in the first place. It would appear that the
plant was long overdue for repotting.

.. .

Old 21-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Pelvis Popcan

The post was about a cat. I suppose you would torture and murder that
too?

You should seek professional psychological help.

(Bill Spohn) wrote:

Please don't harm innocent animals that don't know any better.
Try these:

http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...D=16975&lstCat
egory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=2
(probably the best)

Yeah right! As if spraying a racoon with water will dissuade it from ripping
into your garden.

Trapping is about the only way to deal with them (although I use a high voltage
electric fence around fruit trees at harvest time) and a quick submergence in
the trap (say 10 minutes or so) under water to make sure they are REALLY clean
before you 'release' them......

[IMG] code is On

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM