Old 22-07-2003, 03:32 AM
John DeBoo

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:54:51 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

I got a BB gun @ Walmart for $25 that works great.

It very well CAN seriuously hurt a cat. Hopefully Albuquerque has a
Humane Society to slap you for animal abuse!

I'm well aware it CAN, however I choose to SCARE as opposed to HARM.
Being that it is impossible for me to chase the cats thru the
various backyards and fences I am unable to locate where they live.

If pet owners were more responsible and kept THEIR cats in THEIR
yards as I do with MY dogs, instead of allowing them to roam free
and crap in my yard and/or cause MY dogs to bark while THEIR cat
site on my 7' fence and glares at MY dogs, then I wouldn't have a
problem with THEIR cats. But since this is not the case I choose to
shoot at them with a BB gun. I'm damned if I'll pay to rent a trap
to catch their cat only to have them let it go as soon as Animal
Control leaves. I don't want to hurt the cats, just discourage them
from crapping in my yard and teasing my Min Pins. As for Animal
Abuse, give me a break and join the REAL world!

Old 22-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:44:34 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

But since this is not the case I choose to
shoot at them with a BB gun.

DooBe,

Get over your cruelty! Are you going to tell me a bb won't hurt a
cats eye?
Oh but wait it's YOUR yard....
Come on, I have the same problem, reasonable people don't risk
blinding an innocent cat. Why not shoot the owner?
Old 22-07-2003, 05:22 AM
Tom Jaszewski

wrote:

If pet owners were more responsible

A responsible owner would use the laws to affect change...

§ 9-2-3-2 ANIMALS RUNNING AT LARGE
It is unlawful for the owner of an animal to cause or allow the animal
to run at large in or on any public property or any other property
without the permission of the owner of the property, except as
provided in § 10-1-1-9. Any animal running at large in violation of
this subsection may be taken up and impounded by the Mayor. A citation
may be issued to the owner whether or not the animal is impounded.
('74 Code, § 6-2-6B) (Ord. 40-1987; Am. Ord. 71-1989; Am. Ord.
33-1992; Am. Ord. 41-1999) Penalty, see § 9-2-1-99

Old 22-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Bob

"Tyra Trevellyn" wrote in message

Drowning is a slow and painful death for animals as large as raccoons.
Although it was once considered acceptable, it is no longer considered

humane.
If you must kill, consider humane methods, please.

I have read that, for humans at least, drowning is one of the easiest ways
to die. You inhale water into your lungs, then pass out from lack of oxygen.
No real pain is involved, at least according to the drowning victims reports
that I read. Obviously, they were rescued and revived before giving the
report.

Bob

Old 22-07-2003, 06:10 AM
Bob

"Phisherman" wrote in message
and the city allows the shooting cats or dogs on
private property (check your local ordinances).

Discharging a gun outside is illegal in my city. I suspect this is true in
many cities.

Bob

Old 22-07-2003, 03:42 PM

excellent presentation of logical way to deal with a problem. Ingrid

Julia Altshuler wrote:
snip
Most important: Affect an air of goofy idiosyncracy in all your dealings with
irate neighbor. Never appear calculating or annoyed. You must always be most
concerned with poor, endangered cat who could get killed in the big bad world
out there. Become confused, not beligerent, when neighbor suggests that you
return Precious directly to him instead of expensive county agency.

Result: Cat is unharmed. Neighbor learns to keep Precious at home.
Neighborhood tranquility is preserved.

--Lia

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 22-07-2003, 04:08 PM
LeeAnne

I prefer the run out of the house making lots of weird, loud noises while
waving my hands wildly in the air to scare away cats and the occasional
squirrel if he/she actually makes it on to a feeder.

Or if the cat is on the dirt road that runs in front of my house and I just
happen to be driving in - a little rev of the gas gets 'em going.

:-D
LeeAnne

"Annie" wrote in message
I have a neighbor that uses a paint ball gun to discourage cats and
squirrels from digging or squatting in the gardens!

"John DeBoo" wrote in message
JNJ wrote:

I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked

out
to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and
notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I
just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon

and
this cat is using my new bed for a litter box. We had a torrential

downpour
last night here -- all of the mulch (cypress mulch by the way) is still

wet
and it didn't stop him.

Maybe I can create a motion sensitive device that will send a focused

beam
of electricity at the cat when it squats -- a Tesla ray gun. Turn them

into
instant fertilizer.

GRRRRRRR....

James

I got a BB gun @ Walmart for $25 that works great. Its a multi-pump
unit but I don't want to physically harm the cats - YET - so one to
two pumps max is enough depending upon how far away they are. Even
hitting near them makes them haul butt.

Old 22-07-2003, 04:14 PM
LeeAnne

www.gardeners.com - look under 'pest control' for Cat Scat Mats or
something. They are little plastic spike strips. Since you have a new bed
you could incorporate them in there w/the plants and they'll just grow
around them.

I have them on the top of my cement wall to keep the big critters out.

LeeAnne

news

Old 22-07-2003, 04:32 PM
LeeAnne

Unfortunately a bb inside a cat can cause infection and ultimately death to
the cat. Cat's don't tend to show when they are ill until it's too late.

Believe me I'm not a fan of neighborhood cats in my yard, but I know it's
not the cats fault for being a cat. The owners are the jerks who think
precious has a 'right' to roam freely and be a cat no matter who it ****es
off.

I'd go w/the paintball gun, carefully aimed at the cats backside. If you
hit in the head area you can cause serious injury as well as if you hit in
the cats softer mid-section. A well placed shot (from far away to ensure
less damage, yet some good splatter) will guarantee a splot of color on
meow-meow kitty that may make the owner think twice about letting him/her
back out again. Or, if you happen to know who owns said kitty, maybe a nice
little anonymous note in their mailbox about they're going to have to pick
up kitty at the human society next time you catch the cat in your yard.

Just some ideas besides bb's.
LeeAnne

Old 22-07-2003, 04:32 PM

Do you ever have anything of value to add to this group?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:47:56 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-" wrote:

Yeah sure, blame the cat for you putting your top heavy plant someplace that
it can readily fall over.

You should try to be an adult and accept the blame for creating a situation
where the plant could fall over in the first place. It would appear that the
plant was long overdue for repotting.

Phisherman wrote in message
.. .
Last weekend a stray white cat came onto our deck and knocked over a
cactus and broke it. The cactus is over 30 years old from my mother.
I'm sure the cactus (of what is left) will survive, but I am totally
****ed at the cat. I'd like the chance to hose it down but my spouse
really wants it to take the eternal dirt nap.

Old 22-07-2003, 11:07 PM
JNJ

www.gardeners.com - look under 'pest control' for Cat Scat Mats or
something. They are little plastic spike strips. Since you have a new

bed
you could incorporate them in there w/the plants and they'll just grow
around them.

This is along the lines of what I'm looking at -- I'm actually considering
the ones that shoot a blast of water at the animal. I still like my idea of
using a Tesla Ray Gun though.

The original message was intended to be humorous -- unfortunately an animal
rights debate has ensued. Sigh

Old 22-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:04:38 -0400, "JNJ" wrote:

unfortunately an animal
rights debate has ensued. Sigh

Actually a discussion on the lack of rights a homeowner has to abuse
animals would be more accurate.
Old 23-07-2003, 03:22 AM
John DeBoo

Since I don't have the bucks to invest in a paintball gun (which I
admit sounds like a viable alternative) nor do I wish to clean up
the paint should I miss 'Precious', I use BBs. I don't want to harm
them either thus I only pump once, twice at the very most so if I
should hit them the BB won't penetrate the skin.

Old 23-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:06:19 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

Since I don't have the bucks to invest in a paintball gun (which I
admit sounds like a viable alternative) nor do I wish to clean up
the paint should I miss 'Precious', I use BBs. I don't want to harm
them either thus I only pump once, twice at the very most so if I
should hit them the BB won't penetrate the skin

According to Karen Davis of your Community Outreach, when asked if BB
gunning was acceptable in your community, or "Is it legal to shoot
roaming cats with a BB gun."

"Yes, that would certainly be considered animal cruelty here as well.
However, we must have a formal complaint before we can send an officer
out to investigate."

Karen Davis
Public Outreach
764-1137

[IMG] code is On

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM