Old 19-07-2003, 09:12 PM
JNJ

Default @#*%)^@ Cats!

I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked out
to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and
notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I
just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon and
this cat is using my new bed for a litter box. We had a torrential downpour
last night here -- all of the mulch (cypress mulch by the way) is still wet
and it didn't stop him.

Maybe I can create a motion sensitive device that will send a focused beam
of electricity at the cat when it squats -- a Tesla ray gun. Turn them into
instant fertilizer.

GRRRRRRR....

James

Old 19-07-2003, 09:12 PM
SugarChile

We had a "neighborhood" cat that died of old age last fall. Over the
winter, the voles decimated my crocus plantings and damaged a lot of other
things. This spring, I've had a plague of rabbits. I've now noted that a
new cat has started taking over the "territory", and have decided that I'll
gladly put up with the occasional cat scat in return for rodent control.

Sue, who is bribing the resident groundhow with cantaloupe rinds.

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

news

Old 19-07-2003, 09:42 PM
JNJ

We had a "neighborhood" cat that died of old age last fall. Over the
winter, the voles decimated my crocus plantings and damaged a lot of other
things. This spring, I've had a plague of rabbits. I've now noted that a
new cat has started taking over the "territory", and have decided that

I'll
gladly put up with the occasional cat scat in return for rodent control.

Be happy -- we have half a dozen "regular" visitors here and we still have
rat problems every year and the rabbits took up residence in a brush pile in
the back regardless (and now my wife won't let me destroy the pile or fill
the area in).

I'm going to get the Scarecrow or Cat Stop and give one or both of those a
try (http://www.scatmat.com). I'm liking the idea of the Cat Stop at the
moment -- it's self contained, battery powered, and not very intrusive.

They can spend time in the back yard -- there's more room back there anyway.

James

Old 20-07-2003, 01:12 AM
John DeBoo

JNJ wrote:

I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked out
to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and
notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I
just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon and
this cat is using my new bed for a litter box. We had a torrential downpour
last night here -- all of the mulch (cypress mulch by the way) is still wet
and it didn't stop him.

Maybe I can create a motion sensitive device that will send a focused beam
of electricity at the cat when it squats -- a Tesla ray gun. Turn them into
instant fertilizer.

GRRRRRRR....

James

I got a BB gun @ Walmart for $25 that works great. Its a multi-pump
unit but I don't want to physically harm the cats - YET - so one to
two pumps max is enough depending upon how far away they are. Even
hitting near them makes them haul butt.

Old 20-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Annie

I have a neighbor that uses a paint ball gun to discourage cats and
squirrels from digging or squatting in the gardens!

Old 20-07-2003, 01:32 AM
jammer

Maybe I can create a motion sensitive device that will send a focused beam
of electricity at the cat when it squats -- a Tesla ray gun. Turn them into
instant fertilizer.

Unless money is no object, peel some oranges and place strips of peel
around/in the mulch first.
Old 20-07-2003, 01:32 AM
JNJ

Unless money is no object, peel some oranges and place strips of peel
around/in the mulch first.

I like my Tesla ray gun idea better, but I suppose both ideas add organic
matter to the soil....

James

Old 20-07-2003, 01:42 AM
JNJ

I have a neighbor that uses a paint ball gun to discourage cats and
squirrels from digging or squatting in the gardens!

Heh -- I can just imagine some otherwise white cat going home with a bright
orange splash of paint on it.

James

Old 20-07-2003, 01:42 AM
JNJ

I got a BB gun @ Walmart for $25 that works great. Its a multi-pump
unit but I don't want to physically harm the cats - YET - so one to
two pumps max is enough depending upon how far away they are. Even
hitting near them makes them haul butt.

I wouldn't want the BBs in the yard though -- not with two little ones
running about. Hopefully the Scarecrow Sprinkler will do the trick. I
found them on EBay for $45 which is not bad -- one should suffice to scare
the daylights out of the neighborhood cats.

James

Old 20-07-2003, 01:52 AM
jammer

And that doesn't mess up thier property?????

Are you watching the Osbournes??

Old 20-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Obviously, your problem is that you haven't been getting enough pussy!!!

Either you should stop sleeping in your garden or keep your windows closed
so that cats can't shit in your bed. You paint a really strange picture.

A Tesla ray gun? You're really trippin', dude.

news

Old 20-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:54:51 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

I got a BB gun @ Walmart for $25 that works great.

It very well CAN seriuously hurt a cat. Hopefully Albuquerque has a
Humane Society to slap you for animal abuse!
Old 20-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:36:49 -0400, "JNJ" wrote:

Hopefully the Scarecrow Sprinkler will do the trick. I
found them on EBay for $45 which is not bad -

Please be kind enough to report how effective it is!
Old 20-07-2003, 06:12 AM
dstvns

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:42:04 -0400, "JNJ" wrote:

I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked out
to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and
notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I
just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon and
this cat is using my new bed for a litter box. We had a torrential downpour
last night here -- all of the mulch (cypress mulch by the way) is still wet
and it didn't stop him.

Thorns....lots of dry, dead. sharp thorns. Find some blackberry
bushes and get some dead ones (and some berries too while you're at it
They're almost in season up here).

Dan

Old 20-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Beecrofter

The serious airgun enthusiasts have pellets made of felt that are shot
down the bore to clean the rifling.
They come in 4.5 mm which is bb size
They are biodegradable and usually won't injure the cat.
You may want to chamber a couple of them at once to provide enough of
a seal to propel them.

[IMG] code is On

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM