Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2003, 05:32 PM
paghat

Default Baby Shampoo as Horticultural Soap

I dunno that I'll ever have need of this little tidbit, but it kinda
interested me, as I used to use dishwashing soap as a horticultural soap
to get rid of aphids, until I discovered a good hard spray of water did
the job just as well, without injury to ladybug larvae. Jerry Baker
(thuggish anti-marijuana hippy-head-bashing police officer cum "America's
Master Gardener") suggests using baby shampoo instead of dishwashing OR
horticultural soap, because baby shampoo has a very small amount of
fungicide in it as well. That was news to me, but interesting, & possibly
useful to know.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

[IMG] code is On

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
Antsreply to "Cliff" Soap Box ALERT!! Libralove Texas 2 19-05-2003 11:44 PM
Oversprayed with Soap Adrian Jones United Kingdom 3 12-04-2003 01:33 PM
how good are neem oil and copper soap? Dora Smith Texas 4 09-04-2003 09:56 PM
Gardeners Soap ! elizabeth bridge United Kingdom 0 10-01-2003 01:35 AM