Old 14-08-2003, 06:12 PM

Default Organic Corn Kills Butterflies??? what the?

none so far has been anywhere near "for the best". how about rBGH to increase milk
production. we have this huge milk surplus and are still paying usurious rates for
milk, in fact there has been collusion to keep milk prices insanely high. at the
same time the govm't is paying milk support. http://www.dairyline.com/prices.htm
never before have the farmers got so little for their milk at the same time milk
prices in the store have been so high.
http://www.newstrolls.com/news/dev/guest/090899.htm
Ingrid

(Frankhartx) wrote:

Without the advantages in production gained throug bioengineering we will not
be able to sustain our future population.

Have stock in Monsanto? Sounds like it. We can to feed our people
without GM foods. The GM people want us to believe we can't.

We can now--we won't in the future at present population growth rates. Not
every bioengineered development to date has been for the best but in that
science lies the hope of the future.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 14-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Salty Thumb

"E. Norma Stitz" ""42DD\"@your service.net wrote in
:

It doesn't take rocket science to determine where GM corn is grown,
and to determine the approximate time that it pollinates. It's not
real hard to find out where Monarch butterflies are at that time,
either, and to realize that they aren't anywhere near the corn.

Yeah, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there's still
pollen hanging around from the Cretaceous Period either. If you can't
connect the dots yourself, ask for someone to draw you a picture.

-- Salty
Old 14-08-2003, 07:02 PM
animaux

On 14 Aug 2003 12:57:03 GMT, Major Ursa wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in
:

Strange how the US is slowly waking up to the threat of GM crops, yet
the US Government is still trying to impose trade embargos on
countries that wont take their GM food crops.

A lot of strange things are happening since the Bush's took office again.
I think we haven't heard the last of it. It is one big fake.

Ursa..

On but Jeeeeeeezus lovessssssssssss ussss.

Then again, Bush was hacking down non native trees on his ranch. I suppose he
didn't know eastern red cedar was native. Shmuck.
Old 14-08-2003, 07:02 PM
animaux

On 14 Aug 2003 17:00:43 GMT, Major Ursa wrote:

Good point. Still, I'd rather have him there to keep control of the
developments than this guy. Let's hope next time most of your fellow-
citizens agree to let the other side at it again.

Ursa..

I wish Mayor Guilianni would run for president. I'd have to campaign for him.
Yes, he's republican, but after seeing what that man did with New York and how
he cleaned that place up to be a much better city...I'd vote for him in a
heartbeat for president.

Old 14-08-2003, 11:30 PM
David Hill

"........ http://countrystudies.us/somalia/34.htm
"Somalis recognize four seasons, two rainy (gu and day) and two dry (jiilaal
and hagaa). The gu rains begin in April and last until June, producing a
fresh supply of pasture and for a brief period turning the desert into a
flowering garden. Lush vegetation covers most of the land, especially the
central grazing plateau where grass grows tall. Milk and meat abound, water
is plentiful, and animals do not require much care."

The first Paragraph which you forgot to quote says..............

"Climate is the primary factor in much of Somali life. For the large nomadic
population, the timing and amount of rainfall are crucial determinants of
the adequacy of grazing and the prospects of relative prosperity. During
droughts such as occurred during 1974-75 and 1984-85, starvation can occur.
There are some indications that the climate has become drier in the last
century and that the increase in the number of people and animals has put a
growing burden on water and vegetation. "

And for really up to date info try....

http://wwww.reliefweb.int/w/rwb.nsf/...530132/fb1b8d6
7a1fd12c049256d8200279311?OpenDocument

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Ann

expounded:

none so far has been anywhere near "for the best". how about rBGH to increase milk
production. we have this huge milk surplus and are still paying usurious rates for
milk, in fact there has been collusion to keep milk prices insanely high. at the
same time the govm't is paying milk support.
http://www.dairyline.com/prices.htm
never before have the farmers got so little for their milk at the same time milk
prices in the store have been so high.
http://www.newstrolls.com/news/dev/guest/090899.htm
Ingrid

Never mind what those hormones are doing to our little girls. Really,
people, we don't know what we're doing, and our arrogance makes us
think we can do anything we want. We're destroying the very web of
life and most fail to recognize what is really going on. Blinded by
making money.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 15-08-2003, 12:03 AM
animaux

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:58:35 -0400, Ann wrote:

Never mind what those hormones are doing to our little girls. Really,
people, we don't know what we're doing, and our arrogance makes us
think we can do anything we want. We're destroying the very web of
life and most fail to recognize what is really going on. Blinded by
making money.

The breeding has to stop. We have too many people on the planet. It's really
that simple. We are overpopulated and eventually it will all collapse in on
itself and start over again in another million years.

Old 15-08-2003, 04:10 AM

the agreement with Canada came first. believe me, the whole N+S America (read
Mexico) NAFTA AND GATT confirmation went thru congress while Clinton was prez. I
was active in trying to get it stopped.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pubs/cash...r/sugar06.html
Ingrid

Salty Thumb wrote:
uh, not unless Clinton was President in 1989 ...
http://www.chez.com/georgebush/en/news/1999/1999-06-05/

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 15-08-2003, 04:10 AM

take a long hard careful look at his first 3? years as mayor. including destroying
city gardens. http://www.pacificnews.org/jinn/stor...21-garden.html
Claiming the land is needed for affordable
housing, New York City Mayor Rudolph
Giuliani has begun to destroy the community
gardens which dot New York City. In the
process, more than green space is lost

he was incredibly loathed right up until 9-11. Ingrid

animaux wrote:
I wish Mayor Guilianni would run for president. I'd have to campaign for him.
Yes, he's republican, but after seeing what that man did with New York and how
he cleaned that place up to be a much better city...I'd vote for him in a
heartbeat for president.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 15-08-2003, 04:10 AM

in every country where
1. women get an education
2. women work outside the home
3. medical care almost guarantees all children live
population growth approaches 0. The higher the level of economic development the
more likely growth actually dips below 0.
Ingrid

animaux wrote:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:58:35 -0400, Ann wrote:

Never mind what those hormones are doing to our little girls. Really,
people, we don't know what we're doing, and our arrogance makes us
think we can do anything we want. We're destroying the very web of
life and most fail to recognize what is really going on. Blinded by
making money.

The breeding has to stop. We have too many people on the planet. It's really
that simple. We are overpopulated and eventually it will all collapse in on
itself and start over again in another million years.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List