Old 28-08-2003, 07:12 AM

Default navel oranges, out of season?

in the last to three months, I have had difficulty in buying navel
oranges, you know small ones in the plastic bags. You can find the
big puffy ones, but they lacked taste. Is a reason they are so
scarce.? Thanks in advance, C. L.
Old 28-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Elizabeth

wrote in message
in the last to three months, I have had difficulty in buying navel
oranges, you know small ones in the plastic bags. You can find the
big puffy ones, but they lacked taste. Is a reason they are so
scarce.? Thanks in advance, C. L.

Navels are a cool season crop. New crop will start in Dec. Try a grocery
that imports from southern hemisphere. Valencia harvest is underway in the
US right now. Time to enjoy some excellent orange juice :-)

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

Old 29-08-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:02:48 -0400, Wendy Chatley Green
opined:

If I move from my home area, do I have to keep eating what is
in season there or can I switch to what's available where I now live?

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I didn't tell anyone they
had to do anything. I conveyed what I do. There is plenty of information about
phenology out there. Go take a gander.

Old 29-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Hope Munro Smith

animaux wrote in
:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:02:48 -0400, Wendy Chatley Green
opined:

If I move from my home area, do I have to keep eating what is
in season there or can I switch to what's available where I now live?

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I didn't tell
anyone they had to do anything. I conveyed what I do. There is
plenty of information about phenology out there. Go take a gander.

I did a google search and the sites I'm finding aren't helping me figure
out what I should eat now in California. Any particular sites you can
recommend?
Old 30-08-2003, 03:22 AM
animaux

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:09:42 GMT, Hope Munro Smith opined:

animaux wrote in
:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:02:48 -0400, Wendy Chatley Green
opined:

If I move from my home area, do I have to keep eating what is
in season there or can I switch to what's available where I now live?

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I didn't tell
anyone they had to do anything. I conveyed what I do. There is
plenty of information about phenology out there. Go take a gander.

I did a google search and the sites I'm finding aren't helping me figure
out what I should eat now in California. Any particular sites you can
recommend?

No. Go to a farmers market.