Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Gulf of Mexico and health?

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:40:54 GMT, "Tom J" wrote:

"J Kolenovsky" wrote

If you live near it, read this -

http://www.onegulf.org/repair.html

Why didn't you just say that if you live near any stream or body of water,
read the link, and substitute "Gulf of Mexico" with the name you live near?

Perhaps he lives in the area and wanted to post the information with a
relevent subject line. It is certainly applicable to more than Gulf
residents. I live 3 blocks from Chesapeake Bay and am officially taxed
$40/yr (last time I looked) for "runoff" into the Bay, in spite of the
fact that I don't water, fertilize, or use insecticides on my lawn,
and don't wash the car at home (and rarely elsewhere) or flush
chemicals into the street or sewer system. It *does* make me peevish
when I see the chem trucks roll up across the street to do the damage
I'm paying for.