Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default my most sincere apologies

The message
from "Louis Ohland using a throwaway address!"
contains these words:

Most likely, a harvester sucked up your address and some hacked site
or spammer or both are using it to misdirect people. It doesn't make you
a bad person, it just means someone else is using your address.

That isn't what happened in this case.

Marylin/madgardener decided it would be helpful to send an
email+attachment called "mass Microsoft fake email messages" to the
occupants of her addressbook, including myself.

To quote from her:

" I thought it was a good thing I had notified those
in my addy book about this thing"

"I'm over the others blaming me for my post, but it's
the absolute last time I let anyone know about a problem in the future."

M has apologised for sending her email and I accept that. Imho it's a
worse error of her judgement to publically slate its recipients, while
playing to the gallery for sympathy for herself.

Janet.