Old 21-12-2003, 09:02 PM
madgardener

Default you know you're a mad gardener when......

you know you're a madgardener when you're sitting in the theater,
watching "Return of the Kings" and you catch yourself telling your
spouse that the bright red flowers outside Sam Gamgee's house at the
end of the movie are very healthy nasturtiums.............
madgardener

Old 21-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Frogleg

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:46:58 -0500, madgardener
wrote:

you know you're a madgardener when you're sitting in the theater,
watching "Return of the Kings" and you catch yourself telling your
spouse that the bright red flowers outside Sam Gamgee's house at the
end of the movie are very healthy nasturtiums.............

Nope. You have to search websites and find out who *grew* the
nasturtiums. Unless, of course, your own are comparable. I've never
been able to nurture a respectable nasturtium. But I know what you
mean.
Old 21-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Zemedelec

All of the colors in that last Shire part looked artificially heightened.
Maybe that's what gave the "plastic" look to the nasturtiums.
zemedelec
Old 21-12-2003, 11:42 PM
animaux

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:09:17 GMT, Frogleg opined:

wrote:

you know you're a madgardener when you're sitting in the theater,
watching "Return of the Kings" and you catch yourself telling your
spouse that the bright red flowers outside Sam Gamgee's house at the
end of the movie are very healthy nasturtiums.............

Nope. You have to search websites and find out who *grew* the
nasturtiums. Unless, of course, your own are comparable. I've never
been able to nurture a respectable nasturtium. But I know what you
mean.

They do much better in cool weather. Mine go great till about May, then poop
out and start up again in September. Of course for those who don't know, I live
in USDA Zone 8b, Austin, Texas.

We have two short growing seasons here, rather than one long.

Old 22-12-2003, 12:32 AM
SAS567

you know you're a madgardener when;
You are at a family members house and you notice their plants need some work.
You start dead-heading them as you carry on a conversation. ;-)
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)

Old 22-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Allview

you know you're a madgardener when;
You are at a family members house and you notice their plants need some
work.
You start dead-heading them as you carry on a conversation. ;-)

I've done that.

Marilyn
Old 22-12-2003, 03:32 PM
animaux

Actually, this is what got me into the industry. I used to go to my favorite
garden center all the time. I'd walk around looking at plants, pulling weeds,
cleaning the plants, even watered some. The owner came over to me one day and
asked if I'd like to work there. I quit my 18 dollar an hour (20 years ago)
job and worked for 6 dollars an hour at the garden center. I never looked back.
After a year I was the manager and director of the herb division. I went to
school, became a grower and that was that.

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:49:56 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

On 12/22/03 7:32 AM, in article
, "Allview"
wrote:

you know you're a madgardener when;
You are at a family members house and you notice their plants need some
work.
You start dead-heading them as you carry on a conversation. ;-)

I've done that.

Marilyn

Me too

Or weed a friends garden, a complete strangers garden or worst, a public
garden. I've done all three!

Old 22-12-2003, 04:12 PM
rosie

I quit my 18 dollar an hour (20 years ago)
job and worked for 6 dollars an hour at the garden center. I

never looked
back.

there is NO MONEY and NOTHING like working at something you love!
congrats to you!

--
rosie
)

the main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the
bad
girls live.
................................. anonymous

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I've actually pulled a weed during a daylily tour.
But never ever dead head in a daylily garden, you never know if

they are
hybridizing!
And if that new place up the road ever gets going, I just might

start
pulling weeds myself!
Cheryl
On 12/22/03 10:13 AM, in article

,

wrote:

you know you're a madgardener when;
You are at a family members house and you notice their

plants need some
work.
You start dead-heading them as you carry on a conversation.

;-)

Old 22-12-2003, 06:32 PM

LOL... yep, I saw them too. I know there was a lot of talk about they started 2
years before to landscape for the shooting... 2 years for the plants to mature and
look like they been there a while. wasnt it an incredible movie? Ingrid

madgardener wrote:

you know you're a madgardener when you're sitting in the theater,
watching "Return of the Kings" and you catch yourself telling your
spouse that the bright red flowers outside Sam Gamgee's house at the
end of the movie are very healthy nasturtiums.............
madgardener

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 22-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Lynda LeCompte

On 22 Dec 2003 14:03:35 GMT, HA HA Budys Here
wrote:

Or weed the woods!

snippers

lmao! /looks out of window at woods across road

They can stay weedy over here. I have enough to contend with with my
garden!
I do confess to removing dead leaves in nurseries... and almost choking
when I see how pot bound some of the plants are :-/
--
Lynda