Old 02-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Warren

Default Plant thief!

chaz wrote:

Technically, the property around a street sign is public property. I

dont
know if taking a plant from public lands would be considered stealing.

If the sign is simply in an easement, then it's still private property.
But if it is publicly owned land, it is still stealing, only the victim
is now the public entity that owns the land.

Central Park is public land, but if you tried to take a park bench,
you'd obviously be stealing. Just because something is on public land
doesn't mean it's there for the public to take.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Spend your Amazon gift certificates he
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/associateshop.html

Old 08-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"chaz" in :

Technically, the property around a street sign is public property. I dont
know if taking a plant from public lands would be considered stealing.

but you might need some kind of permit to plant (or other 'unusual' use)
on public property. :/
Old 08-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

or maybe they could steal that red lava rock (pumice) along with bits of
black plastic, and the oxalis and spurge seeds.