Old 24-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Gardeners Supply: Anyone dealt with them?

I emailed a simple product question to Gardeners Supply 4 days ago and still
haven't gotten a response. I'll be calling them shortly, but I'm wondering
if this is typical of their level of service, especially if a something
needs to be returned. Anyone done business with them enough to have a sense
of their service level?

Old 24-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Warren

Doug Kanter wrote:
I emailed a simple product question to Gardeners Supply 4 days ago and
still
haven't gotten a response. I'll be calling them shortly, but I'm
wondering
if this is typical of their level of service, especially if a
something
needs to be returned. Anyone done business with them enough to have a
sense
of their service level?

Last spring I ordered some sheets of red mulch for my tomatoes from
them.

My dealings were uneventful. I ordered. Shortly thereafter they charged
my credit card for the correct amount when they shipped the order. I got
the order. It was the correct product. Done.

It's ironic that the best way to demonstrate good service is how
problems are solved. If nothing unusual happens, extra credit can't be
given.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: What does a new kitchen need?
http://www.holzemville.com/community...hen/index.html

Old 24-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Doug Kanter

"Warren" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
[...]

I know what you mean. Frankly, I prefer to write thank-you notes to people
who do an excellent job, as opposed to letters of complaint. While moving
into my new house, virtually everything went right with all the services I
paid for. I made sure everyone was aware of how happy I was with their
service. The phone company was the sole exception. Utterly pathetic, and
they had a lame excuse for every single one of their mistakes.

Old 25-09-2004, 01:51 AM
Ermalina

Doug Kanter wrote:

I emailed a simple product question to Gardeners Supply 4 days ago and still
haven't gotten a response. I'll be calling them shortly, but I'm wondering
if this is typical of their level of service, especially if a something
needs to be returned. Anyone done business with them enough to have a sense
of their service level?

I've ordered quite a few things from them without any problems.

Last winter, when I called them because I had received only 1 of 2
ordered items (Christmas centerpieces), their Customer Service was
EXCELLENT -- I received the item in a few days.

I'd recommend them to anyone who asked. Did you ask??
Old 25-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:45:44 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

I emailed a simple product question to Gardeners Supply 4 days ago and still
haven't gotten a response. I'll be calling them shortly, but I'm wondering
if this is typical of their level of service, especially if a something
needs to be returned. Anyone done business with them enough to have a sense
of their service level?

I haven't ordered anything in several years, but when I did, the
service and products were excellent. Not to worry.

Old 28-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Ann

"Doug Kanter" expounded:

I emailed a simple product question to Gardeners Supply 4 days ago and still
haven't gotten a response. I'll be calling them shortly, but I'm wondering
if this is typical of their level of service, especially if a something
needs to be returned. Anyone done business with them enough to have a sense
of their service level?

I've always called them. They've been fine to deal with, and I've
dealt with them for years. Good company.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA