Old 04-10-2004, 01:12 PM
dps

Cereus-validus wrote:
Finger the jays? How kinky?!!!!

Blue Jays are little more than Crows in fancy suits!!!!!

Rats with wings.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Pat Kiewicz

dps said:

Cereus-validus wrote:
Finger the jays? How kinky?!!!!

Blue Jays are little more than Crows in fancy suits!!!!!

Rats with wings.

Crows and jays may be a bit thuggish, but don't qualify as rats.
Native, intelligent, and classy in a way.

'Rats with wings' can only be starlings or pigeons.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 05-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Cereus-validus

"Rats with wings" would definitely be a good definition for starlings. They
are vulgar bullies with no redeeming value. There should be a bounty on
killing the pests.

Pigeons are more like clowns. When you see the way they walk, you almost
feel sorry for them. Its almost like they need corrective shoes and
rehabilitation.

***************************

Bats most definitely are not "rats with wings" despite their German name,
they aren't even rodents.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Cereus-validus said:

"Rats with wings" would definitely be a good definition for starlings. They
are vulgar bullies with no redeeming value. There should be a bounty on
killing the pests.

I agree...young starlings cause a lot of damage in my vegetable garden
in the spring. Often it nothing more than vandalism as they don't seem
to know what's edible and what isn't.

Pigeons are more like clowns. When you see the way they walk, you almost
feel sorry for them. Its almost like they need corrective shoes and
rehabilitation.

When you see what a mess they make roosting in large numbers, 'clown'
isn't what comes to mind -- more like 'guano machines'.

My daughter was mightily amused the other day by a sticker which suggested
that 'Pigeons shouldn't eat chili.' And speaking of chili, this Sunday is the
Annual Great Lakes Regional Chili Cook-off downtown in Plymouth:
http://www.plymouth48170.com/events/CCO/CCO.asp

Anyway, back to insulting birds.

While we're at it we should pick a derogatory name for the widely introduced
Canada geese that are pooping all over the parks these days. (In SE MI they've
increased more than 50 times in numbers since the late 70s. It's a man-made
problem as they were enthusiastically released all over the place for years.)

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
SugarChile

One redeeming trait--I've observed them eating Japanese beetles off of my
canna plants. Not to excuse their other bad habits, but I am grateful for
small favors.

Sue

--

www.suereno.com
http://www.art2mail.com

Old 06-10-2004, 01:34 PM
StanB

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message

While we're at it we should pick a derogatory name for the widely
introduced
Canada geese that are pooping all over the parks these days. (In SE MI
they've
increased more than 50 times in numbers since the late 70s. It's a
man-made
problem as they were enthusiastically released all over the place for
years.)

Flying dogs?

Tree rats = squirrels
Lawn rats = rabbits
forest rats = deer
suburban rats = ground hogs
neighborhood rats = kids
rug rats = little kids
stinking rats = skunks

Old 07-10-2004, 02:20 AM
William

Shirley Hicks wrote:

"A liberal is a conservative who's been through treatment."
- Garrison Keillor

Liberalism is not a political orientation, it is a mental disorder.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:05 AM
Cereus-validus

Portnoy complains off-topic too much.

William, why don't you use your real name: "Dick Head"?

Old 07-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Shirley Hicks

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:20:54 -0400, William
wrote:

Shirley Hicks wrote:

"A liberal is a conservative who's been through treatment."
- Garrison Keillor

Liberalism is not a political orientation, it is a mental disorder.

Come across the pond to the north half of the continent, m'dear, we're
all crazy.

Shirley Hicks
TB

Old 07-10-2004, 10:30 PM
William

Liberals, when confronted with the truth, resort to the only thing they
know.....name-calling.

Old 07-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Damned Liberal

William wrote in news:4165B577.4010207
@bluelight.co.uk:

Liberals, when confronted with the truth, resort to the only thing they
know.....name-calling.

Liberals when confronted with anti-liberal fabrications, respond with the
only thing anti-liberals understand.....name-calling, turnip-brain.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:19 AM
fran

I vote grackles - they bully everything.

Old 08-10-2004, 03:06 AM
Cereus-validus

Fascist conservatives, when confronted with the truth, resort to the only
thing they know.....violence and declaring war on any convenient target.

I would find harmless name-calling to be much more preferable!!!

You are no doubt still an idiot dick head on a two inch shaft and a
premature ejaculator!!!