Old 11-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Starlord

Since I saw his message in a quote, I'm got something to say big time.
I am a disablibed vietnam vet, I've lived with pain all my life and will
live with it until the day the grim one calls my name.

He talks about killing babys in vietnam, I've got news for him, he's full of
shit.
I was with the 4th Inf.Div. central highlands, the very same unit that is
now over sadams old country. I spent most on my time on a CA team, I drove a
truck that had been modified to go where other trucks couldn't. We would go
out to villages and set up medic tables and help the people out, teating
wonds, illness, etc. The Mountainyard people where glad to see us as we'd
haul their rice crops in for them.

In one village, we found that the dear little brown brother in their black
PJ's, the ones called VC, had been there the night before and what they had
done to the people there was something I'll never forget. While walking
around the outside of the village, I found a MY boy, about 7 years old who
had crossed and set off a vc booby trap made with White Pfhost. He couldn't
walk, the lower 1/2 of a leg was burned right down to the bone. I picked him
up and carried him to the medic, who called in a midicvac chopper and had
him airlifted to the base hostpital. They couldn't save the lower part of
the leg, but after it was healed, he was fitted with a adtical leg.

The last time I saw him, they where putting him on a truck to be taken home,
now the Mountainyards ware brass arm rings, the more they have, the higher
up in the village they are, I had found out the boy was the chif's son. As I
was saying goodby, he took off two of his arm rings and gave them to me, the
translator told me that he was making me a brother to him.

To this day, I have those rings in a place of Honor.

As for what that dipstick said, he'd best go talk to the vc and NVA about
what they did to people who wouldn't support them.

"Lady Blacksword" wrote in message
news:1110552442.ee6849b60ded1ebc06828b49ee842ecf@t eranews...
Hmm, maybe we should put you into a jungle war zone, then send a 6yr old
girl who knows what she's doing with an M16 after you, and see what

happens?
Oh, and add in a shitload of other fanatic guerilla troops, who look, to
you, exactly like the innocent villagers your supposed to protect, except
that thay happen to be shooting at you. Or handing you babies rigged with
explosives.
Do us all a favor, don't talk about this country's Vets until you can say
you've been there, and done what they have, until you've watched your best
friend get blown into pieces no bigger than your hand.
Shove your stupid anti-military, anti-American litany where the sun

doesn't
shine.
Murri
"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
m...
Storelard apparently thinks his killing babies in Viet Nam was far more
heroic than suicide. Consider the source, he is a delusional hypocrite
coward.

Like his idol Ernest Hemingway, Thompson eventually killed himself

because
he could no longer stand the intense physical pain he was suffering.

The difference with Storelard is that he himself is the pain.

"escape" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:15:55 -0800, "Starlord"
opined:

Hi, just add him to your killfile, that way you'll not see his posts
unless
someone quotes them in a reply.

I put him there and it's nice not having to read his garbage anymore.

As
it
is, I figured that if he's old enough to know what a hippie was, then
most
likly he was of the kind that I saw at the airport when I came home

from
Vietnam and getting out of the Army. Those I can live without.

Plus, if that guy was so great, then why did he take the cowards way

out
and
kill himself?

Thankfully I'll not see his answer, it'll just fall into the awesome
cyber
Black Hole to never be seen again.

You think it's cowardly to shoot your brains out? I think it's pretty
clear that
anyone who does that is in dire trouble emotionally. I think anyone

who
does
that sort of thing is a person who needs your compassion, not your
superior
judgment. I hope none of your family members off themselves. If they
do, will
they be cowardly too? People who think like you are why people hate
Americans.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a

friend?

Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Ann

"Starlord" expounded:

To this day, I have those rings in a place of Honor.

As for what that dipstick said, he'd best go talk to the vc and NVA about
what they did to people who wouldn't support them.

Thank you, Dennis, for your service. Believe me, many Americans
appreciate your and your fellow soldiers' sacrifice. I know you don't
let what newsgroup trolls say bother you.

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 12-03-2005, 03:08 AM
Lady Blacksword

I second that, and thank you, Ann, for adding in your comments.
May all the Gods bless America and her sons and daughters in the armed
forces worldwide.
Murri

"Starlord" expounded:

Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Sure you are. What took you so long to reveal this golden nugget, GI Joe?

Maybe you should contact Oliver Stone and he can make a movie about your war
stories? Maybe you should write a book about them first? Would that be under
non-fiction or fiction?

If you have been living with pain all your life, as you claim, that would
mean you were in pain long before you were inducted into military service
and if you were, they never would have accepted you in the first place.
Gotcha!!!

Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Cereus-validus.....

If you haven't been following this nonsensical discussion from the
beginning, then maybe you should just stay out of it Ann?

If you got yourself suckered into believing the bad fiction from Storelard,
maybe somebody can sell you some beachfront property in Arizona too?

If you really were paying attention, you would have seen the "baby killer"
remark was in the form of a question and not an accusation, you reactionary
ninny.

If you are too naive to see just how corrupt the present republican
administration is and how they have abused and slaughtered US troops for
their own corrupt prurient interests then you really have nothing of value
to say. (Not that you ever did.)

"Ann" wrote in message
escape expounded:

If you were following the thread, nobody put soldiers down. It was the
absurdity of bringing Hanoi Jane into this discussion, which was met with,
"they
you must be a baby killer." It was almost ridiculously obvious. I have
the
highest regard for our duped armed forces in our country USA.

I suppose calling someone a babykiller is a twisted kind of support.

I've followed the thread thoroughly. That was uncalled for. As for
calling them 'dupes', please, no one is being duped. Saying that
about the people who volunteer for military service is hardly
supportive.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Starlord

When someone joins the armed forces, they from that day on until they leave
the service (if they do), are NOT duped, they FOLLOW THE ORDERS GIVEN TO
THEM. I didn't ask to go to Vietnam, and yes I was an RA, but after 2 1/2
years in Germany ( West then ) the army cut me orders and I came home on
leave and then went to Ft.Lewis and from there to Vietnam.

news

Old 12-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Joined? Most of who were forced to serve during the Viet Nam war were
drafted. How soon they forget.

And to think during the entire time you served, you claim you were in
intense pain too!!

"Starlord" wrote in message
When someone joins the armed forces, they from that day on until they
leave
the service (if they do), are NOT duped, they FOLLOW THE ORDERS GIVEN TO
THEM. I didn't ask to go to Vietnam, and yes I was an RA, but after 2 1/2
years in Germany ( West then ) the army cut me orders and I came home on
leave and then went to Ft.Lewis and from there to Vietnam.

news

Old 12-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Ann

"Cereus-validus....." expounded:

If you haven't been following this nonsensical discussion from the
beginning, then maybe you should just stay out of it Ann?

I have the whole thread right here it all it's nonglory, Stevie. I'll
go where I please.

If you got yourself suckered into believing the bad fiction from Storelard,
maybe somebody can sell you some beachfront property in Arizona too?

Bad fiction....you truly are an idiot. Dennis hasn't said anything
inflamatory, that's all been left to you, as usual.

If you really were paying attention, you would have seen the "baby killer"
remark was in the form of a question and not an accusation, you reactionary
ninny.

There was absolutely no need to call anyone that. That's a horrible
slur left over from the scum who 'greeted' the returning Vietnam war
veterans. Good to see it's still being put to use by liberal fools
who think it makes them somehow better.

If you are too naive to see just how corrupt the present republican
administration is and how they have abused and slaughtered US troops for
their own corrupt prurient interests then you really have nothing of value
to say. (Not that you ever did.)

Nor have you in this discussion, Stevie. I'm absolutely horrified
that people have died defending your right to be a fool. In public.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Starlord

Ann, have you ever noticed that when someone does not agree with these types
of users, that they start making up slang words instead of using someones
normal name/handle?

I've used the "Starlord" name for a long time, my first trys at sci-fi back
in days far gone used that and I got it from a good sci-fi writter's books.

Oh btw, if you could see my voting record, you could say I'm a liberal in a
way, but I read and then vote my own ideas, not to follow just anyones way.

Yesterday I was out in my garden part of the day, planting more morning
glory seeds and pulling grass away from my iris that are coming back to
life.

"Cereus-validus....." expounded:

Old 12-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:51:52 -0500, "Lady Blacksword"
wrote:

I'd never heard of the dead guy they're
talking about,

Certainly proving he was of no value!

Old 12-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:16:05 -0500, Ann wrote:

no one is being duped

You'r correct...no ONE is being duped. YOU ALL are being duped!

Old 12-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Ann

"Starlord" expounded:

Ann, have you ever noticed that when someone does not agree with these types
of users, that they start making up slang words instead of using someones
normal name/handle?

When they have no argument they resort to namecalling. Really lends
them credibility ;-

I've used the "Starlord" name for a long time, my first trys at sci-fi back
in days far gone used that and I got it from a good sci-fi writter's books.

I know, I've seen your name for years.

Oh btw, if you could see my voting record, you could say I'm a liberal in a
way, but I read and then vote my own ideas, not to follow just anyones way.

I'm pretty conservative on certain issues, but liberal on others. But
I always vote with information and thinking on my own.

Yesterday I was out in my garden part of the day, planting more morning
glory seeds and pulling grass away from my iris that are coming back to
life.

Oh, I wish I could be out there, but it's buried still, and we're
getting more today. I had my peas in the ground at this time last
year. I won't be getting them in this year until early April!
Old 12-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Lady Blacksword

You know, Ann, I just figured it out........We need to box this troll up and
ship him to France, where he'd be perfectly happy. He could spew
anti-american goverment slogans and people would actually listen.
Murri

"Cereus-validus....." expounded:

Old 12-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Lady Blacksword

Starlord,
It has been noted more than once in history that excessive swearing
generally indicates a stunted vocabulary.
i.e.: He can't think of anything better, so he's resorting to third grade
slurs.
I just look at it and find it humorous that an allegedly grown man can't be
more intellectually creative with his insults.
Murri

"Starlord" wrote in message
Ann, have you ever noticed that when someone does not agree with these
types
of users, that they start making up slang words instead of using someones
normal name/handle?

I've used the "Starlord" name for a long time, my first trys at sci-fi
back
in days far gone used that and I got it from a good sci-fi writter's
books.

Oh btw, if you could see my voting record, you could say I'm a liberal in
way, but I read and then vote my own ideas, not to follow just anyones
way.

Yesterday I was out in my garden part of the day, planting more morning
glory seeds and pulling grass away from my iris that are coming back to
life.

"Cereus-validus....." expounded:

Old 12-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Lady Blacksword

As a note: I'm unfortunately an only child, and female, and the end of my
line, so I'd never see combat anyway. And I wouldn't really be that much use
flying a desk in the Marines with my latent talents (and the latent list of
things I naturally flop at.) So, put that with knees that refuse to work
properly under stress and cold weather.....I've chosen to do what I'm good
at instead. ( Jewelry design and several other artforms.) At least I'm
keeping the economy going. :-)
My fiancé, however, served as an Army Paratrooper before we met, with
several jumps into combat areas. His Father was a Air Force officer, and
mine was a Sgt. in the Marines, motor transport div. Both of my grandfathers
saw service in Japan and the South Pacific, one with the Marines, one Air
Force. One of my uncles, now deceased, was in the Navy during Nam, doing
radio related reconnaissance, another was in the Army at the same time, and
still has vivid flashbacks due to the things he saw there.

Not like my family hasn't contributed.
And I've certainly no intention of discouraging my children from enlisting,
when I have kids and they are old enough.
Murri

"Ann" wrote in message
escape expounded:

Are your kids signed up yet?

Funny you should ask. The younger tried, but believe it or not, his
feet are too big (at size 16). The older one is covered in tattooes,
so they won't take him, either. That somehow negates my ability to
think for myself and disagree with you, I guess. Tough.

Everyone isn't poor, depressed, living in economic hardship, Victoria.
You aren't, are you? I'm certainly not. I live in a fairly affluent
area, and there are plenty of people with kids enlisted around me.
And that in the bluest of the blue states......