Old 03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Registered User

Default North Facing Lawn

Hi,

I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winter months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing. The grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I usualy have to re-seed parts of it during April / May to ensure a good lawn for the new season.

Is there anything I can do to help stop this happening.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Silly-nilly. Cut the lawn into sod units. Turn them all 180 degrees. Now
all faces south.

--
Dave
Profound is we're here due to a chance arrangement

Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Astraman999 wrote:
Hi,

I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winter
months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing. The
grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I usualy have
to re-seed parts of it during April / May to ensure a good lawn for the
new season.

Is there anything I can do to help stop this happening.

Is it your front lawn?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Registered User

There was me thinking this was a gardening help forum not a place for childish jokes.

I'm off to join another forum that can offer sensible advice.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Astraman999" wrote in message

Hi,

I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winter
months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing. The
grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I usualy have
to re-seed parts of it during April / May to ensure a good lawn for the
new season.

Is there anything I can do to help stop this happening.

When you re-seed, make sure you use "shady area" seed. Make sure you use a
"fall" fertilizer in the fall, the most important time to fertilize.

Bob

Old 06-11-2007, 06:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
GWB GWB is offline

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:56:49 +0000, Astraman999
wrote:

There was me thinking this was a gardening help forum not a place for
childish jokes.

I'm off to join another forum that can offer sensible advice.

Google: sense of humor.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered User

Google: sense of humor.[/quote]

Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and go away!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Astraman999" wrote in message

Google: sense of humor.

Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and go
away!

man that fungus is really getting to you!

let me put in my 2 cents

figure out away to get your yard to drain properly. you could try building
up the areas that pool.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Astraman999" wrote in message

Google: sense of humor.

Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and go
away!

Bye. We won't miss you.

Bob

Old 06-11-2007, 10:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"Astraman999" wrote in message

Google: sense of humor.

Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and go
away!

Bye. We won't miss you.

Bob

ah ~ come on he's high on mushrooms.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Astraman999 said:

Google: sense of humor.

Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and go
away!

**** off, whinerboy. Thought you said you were leaving.

Or, was it yet another whine, trying to get attention. "I'm gonna take my
ball and go home." Boo-****ing-hoo. Well, do it then. Go someplace else
with your childish whines, and get the same advice you got here.

And, get a cloo. This isn't a ****ing "forum", dumbass.

The lawn, according to you, 'gets no sun during the winter
months'. If it gets *no* sun, grass won't grow. Plant something else, that
doesn't *require* sunlight. That's the most sensible advice you've
received. Take it, or reseed every April.

--

Eggs

What's another word for thesaurus?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Astraman999 wrote:
Google: sense of humor.

Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and go
away!

I replied with sensible advice, now it's time for a sensible question.

What the hell is wrong with you, Astraman?