Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Oscar_lives

Default Cost to mow...

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
news:35698e41796ed16352ce002cdc90bd75@TeraNews...

"Oscar_lives" wrote in message
news:CRyAa.735006$OV.675914@rwcrnsc54...
:
: "GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
: news:8d31f5105eb80488d6dc754a8e057cff@TeraNews...
: Do what I did, my neighbors bought the house next door and layed sod,
but
: didnt have a mower, they asked if I would mind coming over and mowing
: there
: lawn once in a while since i have a rider mower. At first I didnt

mind,
: seeing as I have a rider mower, its more fun than a chore. Well I did
: this
: for about 2 months, then grew tired of mowing their lawn as well as my
: own,
: (I started to feel like I had to do their lawn when I did mine) so I
: stopped
: mowing all together, my lawn and theirs.
:
: When they asked what was up, I told them my mower was on the fritz.
: Believe
: it or not, within a week they had a brand new mower to mow their own
lawn,
: though they never offered to mow my lawn, but a week later I started
: mowing
: my own lawn again and gave them the explanation that I took my mower

: the
: shop and had it repaired at the cost of $300.00, they did offer to pay
me
: half of the "supposed" repair bill, but I declined. They now have a

new
: mower and I dont have to mow their lawn.
:
: Why not grow a spine and be honest. Tell them you don't want to mow

their
: lawn.
:
: You people are a bunch of spineless pussies. You dance all around the
issue
: and lie to others, rather than dealing with the issues in a
straight-forward
: manner.

Hmmm, why? Because they are my neighbors and unlike the anonymity of

usenet,
I have to actually live with them next door, and telling them I dont want

mow their lousy lawn and either create hard feelings or resentment is not

my
style.

Yeah, I'm sure they respect a pussy-footing, lying idiot for a neighbor.

Treat them honestly and respectfully. See how much they respect you then.

Now, they just think you are an asshole.

Mow, mow, mow Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 19-05-2007 04:10 AM
To mow or not to mow snafu Gardening 9 26-09-2004 01:05 PM
help - can't crank lawnmower - need to mow PV North Carolina 5 11-11-2003 05:02 PM
how soon can i mow over new grass? MoJo United Kingdom 3 18-09-2003 09:15 AM