Old 17-02-2006, 05:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default How many forum members does it take to change a light bulk

"K Barrett" wrote in message
[snork] http://www.funnyclipcentral.com/cont...icocaveman.php

K Barrett

LOL

Old 17-02-2006, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Have not read every thread but to answer the question in the subject line,
we need to know how many lights in a bulk? *g*
I just love this group.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Reka wrote:
In article ,
says...
~Reka wrote:
~ In article ,
~ says...
~
~ ~
~ ~There was just a study done on how insulting most email/chat
humor is ~ ~to most of the readers. Seems 70% of the 'humor'
applied to email ~ ~comes across as insult to the readers. Our
group does very well in ~ ~crossing culture, gender barriers with a
very low insult rate... ~ ~unless of course someone intentionally
roars from the cave. ~
~ Okay, Sue, I , as a Neandertal, take umbrage at that cave remark!
~ ;-)
~
~[snork]
http://www.funnyclipcentral.com/cont...icocaveman.php
~
~K Barrett
~
Yeah, that's just what I mean! You guys don't even know how hard it
is to go around with a bone in your hair these days...

Old 17-02-2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

I just love this group.

So do I. It's like an extended group of friends.

Diana

Old 18-02-2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:52:38 +0100, Reka wrote:

~Oh Reka, that wasn't really a "roar from the cave". It was more like a squeak
~from a "murky old niche in the wall". Can anyone place the quote?
~Dave Gillingham
~------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~To email me remove the .private from my email address.
~
Oh goodness, here comes that over-literate again! ;-)
I only got it by googling, but the tone should have been enough to give a
general direction!
Watch out, you may offend SuE in saying she lives in a hole in the wall.
--

Hey lady - I am not the grouch that bites people's heads off for
posting photos here. I found the poem ... but off to do tax so I can
Old 19-02-2006, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:52:38 +0100, Reka wrote:

In article ,
says...
~On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:49:55 +0100, Reka wrote:
~
~In article ,
~says...
~
~~
~~There was just a study done on how insulting most email/chat humor is
~~to most of the readers. Seems 70% of the 'humor' applied to email
~~comes across as insult to the readers. Our group does very well in
~~crossing culture, gender barriers with a very low insult rate...
~~unless of course someone intentionally roars from the cave.
~
~Okay, Sue, I , as a Neandertal, take umbrage at that cave remark!
~;-)
~--
~Oh Reka, that wasn't really a "roar from the cave". It was more like a squeak
~from a "murky old niche in the wall". Can anyone place the quote?
~Dave Gillingham
~------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~To email me remove the .private from my email address.
~
Oh goodness, here comes that over-literate again! ;-)
I only got it by googling, but the tone should have been enough to give a
general direction!
Watch out, you may offend SuE in saying she lives in a hole in the wall.
--

Hopefully no offence taken. Sorry (but only sort of) about over-literate, but
the quote seemed relevant in the context. And it's a poem I like, with its dark

Old 22-02-2006, 09:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

But, if you have to be nuts, isn't it the nicest way? And you meet such nice
nuts to keep you company;-)

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:20:39 -0500, "Lady Blacksword"
wrote:

Are you kidding? You grow orchids, Dave. We already know you're
Murri

.. .