Old 17-07-2003, 04:24 PM
K Barrett

Default Bush snails (was: Millipedes -- new orchids)

And I don't think it actually *melts* them either. I didn't read the article
and have no idea how it works. It might just be irritant and drive them
away. The idea of melting them made a better story than having Barney the
Bushsnail pack his bags and leave for Florida. Heck, everyone does that.

K Barrett
"Ray" wrote in message
I don't recall anyone saying it works against all slugs and snails, just
Bush Snails. That's my experience, anyway.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Wendy" wrote in message

chuckle You know I recall a thread like this some time back. Anyway

religiously saved my old coffee
grounds which I put in a large shallow pan. Being the sceptic that I am,

found 5 slugs, easy to do in my
garden, added some water & put a cover over them.
I forgot about this little experiment for about a week
& then lifted the lid & there they all were clinging to the lid.
They were all a red brown colour, alive & well!
Picture these little nasty bud chomping buggars on a caffeine high!!!
I use stuff called THATS IT & it works.
Cheers Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
newsneRa.65551$GL4.17028@rwcrnsc53...
Ha! Barney Coffee Potter! LOL! Think I can sell it to an agent?

Old 17-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:55:52 GMT, "Dave"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

all those coffee grounds on the ground seem to
keep the snails away.

Now, there's a terrific idea!

Old 23-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Wendy

chuckle You know I recall a thread like this some time back. Anyway I
religiously saved my old coffee
grounds which I put in a large shallow pan. Being the sceptic that I am, I
"K Barrett" wrote in message
newsneRa.65551$GL4.17028@rwcrnsc53...
Ha! Barney Coffee Potter! LOL! Think I can sell it to an agent?

Millipedes nightmare GrlIntrpted Orchids 6 06-12-2003 03:32 PM
Millipedes -- new orchids Steve Orchids 1 15-07-2003 05:33 AM
Millipedes Surfs Up Gardening 3 17-05-2003 02:44 AM
millipedes all over the place! Terry Horton Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:08 AM
Millipedes Sue Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:36 AM