Old 02-08-2003, 10:02 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default red clover grows whereever white clover grows

Cereoid-UR12- schreef
I did mean endemic when I said it.

+ + +
In that case you are even more confused than commonly thought. Firstly,
endemic is relative to perspective. It is silly to say "Bellis perennis is
endemic to the earth" unless you really are from outer space. The thing to
say is "Bellis perennis is cosmopolitan". Actually a species can be endemic
to, say, Arkansas but not to North America. Secondly, none of this applies
to Trifolium pratense which is native here too.
+ + +

Heavy metal deposits have nothing at all to do with climatic changes and
cold hardiness.

+ + +
Right, so why are you confusing them? Plant distribution is dynamic. Climate
is dynamic. Heavy metal deposits are static. If a plant species is adapted
to something within a given area it must be to something static. A plant
species can be adapted to a particular climate but then will follow that
climate about as it moves from place to place.
+ + +

I hope to meet you some day too so that I can explain things to you in
person.

+ + +
Upon further reflection I guess there is no hope for you.
PvR

Old 03-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

What's this? English lessons from a space alien?

Bellis perennis does very poorly in North America. It tends to die out
during hot summers.

No matter how you babble it, Rinkytink, "Red Clover" Trifolium pratense is
not a European native. It was introduced into Europe. Of course, that was
before your time.

BTW, despite what you may think about the name, Trifolium lappaceum is not
endemic to Lapland. The species epithet actually refers to the burr-like
calyx.

Old 03-08-2003, 07:43 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Matthew Montchalin schreef
If it's not too much

trouble, could you give me some kind of URL so I can go take a
look at the types of clover you are referring to?

+ + +
Also:
(http://www.soedernet.de/herbarium/Pa...ns/bluete.html)

Old 03-08-2003, 07:43 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Cereoid-UR12- schreef
No matter how you babble it, Rinkytink, "Red Clover" Trifolium pratense is
not a European native. It was introduced into Europe. Of course, that was
before your time.

+ + +
Oh my, I did make a mistake. Here I was assuming you made only one stupid
error at a time, while I should have realized that there is no limit to the
number of enormities you perpetrate.

Not only is Trifolium pratense not "endemic" to North America, it is not
native there. It is Eurasian and was introduced into North America from the
UK.

(http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/d...ense.html#Dist
ribution)

Sorry to have assumed that there was even a grain of reality in what you
say. I am too good for this world: I am always seeing the best in people,
even when it is not really there.
PvR

Old 04-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Matthew Montchalin

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, P van Rijckevorsel wrote:
| Matthew Montchalin schreef
| If it's not too much
|trouble, could you give me some kind of URL so I can go take a
|look at the types of clover you are referring to?
|
|+ + +
|Also:
|(http://www.soedernet.de/herbarium/Pa...ns/bluete.html)

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Old 04-08-2003, 05:32 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Phred schreef
Geez, mate. Get a friggin' life!

+ + +
Altough I am too lazy (/ busy) to do the work myself I must admit that the
hypothesis of a monthly or seasonal cycle correlated with this crazy
behaviour is intriguing.

It might indeed be an actual illness (or other disorder) instead of just a
shockingly short temper. However I am seeing too many people with a short
temper to be really surprised at finding it anywhere.
PvR

Old 04-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Seems to me that I have been responding to monthly cycles from the likes of
holier-than-thou trolls like you Rinkytink and Gary Glitter.

Someday we might meet and we can put your theories to the test?

Old 04-08-2003, 08:02 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Cereoid-UR12- schreef
Someday we might meet and we can put your theories to the test?

+ + +
What is this new urge to go out and meet people?
Suddenly got a travel budget?
PvR