Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default My fish are dying - please help

And here I sit, thinking how lucky you are. With the fish and the RES,
duckweed doesn't last a week in my pond.
Gabrielle

k wrote:

Duckweed seems to be one of those things that
have both good, and bad, advantages. Ducks
like it...
I have it, and azola, growing in one of my little
ponds on the deck. It shades the taddies I have
in there and provides places for other critters
to hang out. That little pond will
freeze solid and the stuff still shows up the next
year. I am impressed.
Like most ornamental ponders it never lasts
in the small garden ponds if koi are around.
I will have to investigate the large farm pond on
the family farm when I get up there this year. They
have geese, both farm geese and Canada geese,
so that might take care of any duckweed that
shows up. Maybe you could hire some geese?
They make great guard dogs... :-))

Rate This Thread: