Old 30-03-2008, 02:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Tree stump in pond

We have a nice looking small tree stump that I removed from the ground
last year. I was thinking about putting in our pond for the fish to
hide under.

Anyone see any problems in introducing this to the environment?
Should I maybe jet wash it first?

A Sel

Old 30-03-2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:17:57 EDT, A Sel wrote:

We have a nice looking small tree stump that I removed from the ground
last year. I was thinking about putting in our pond for the fish to
hide under.

Anyone see any problems in introducing this to the environment?
Should I maybe jet wash it first?

A Sel

Depends on the type of tree. Power washing ought to do it if it is a benign
wood. Gang? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:56:53 EDT, A Sel wrote:

I found it buried in the yard so it is hard to determine. Most likely
oak as that is what is every where else in the yard.

Hmmm.... I'm not really sure, I think oak would be okay, but I think I'd do
some google searching to be sure. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Apple Tree Stump Remonal Pete United Kingdom 8 30-09-2008 03:17 AM
Tree Stump Removal Alan Smith United Kingdom 8 29-09-2008 08:32 PM
tree stump removal Giggles Gardening 6 30-09-2003 04:02 AM
How to kill a tree stump Scoby United Kingdom 22 26-08-2003 11:12 PM
tree stump Kumar Varadan Gardening 1 17-04-2003 06:08 PM