Old 23-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Snooze

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message
Snooze wrote:
The accusations of child pornography, rape and whatever else is so
boring, it's like accusing someone of speeding, who cares if they sped?

Hey Snooze, Rumour has it you molested your Fish. Now If called you a
pedophile and put it all over usenet and the blogs, and the police comes
on knocking your door you are just gonna say No big Deal.

If the police have to come knocking because someone called me a pedophile on
the internet it must have been a really slow day at the office. I mean, that
would totally ignore the fact I've been smuggling in kilos of cocaine and
uranium for the past 10 years.

Opps! did I just confess? maybe now I've incriminated myself too! You'll
never take me alive coppers!

-S

Old 23-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Maxx Pollare

A fat Koi named "Jabbers" jumped up from his pond and laid on me
the following lesserwords of wisdom...

What is your point.

My point is that dispite your atempt at confuse the masses there
Jabber there will always a SOB like me around the corner.

You filters are a failure.

Filters don't factor into it when you diliberatly go looking. Do you
really think a newsie like myself wouldn't have the skillz to do a
quick seach on one of my feeds? Gez, it only took a few mins to find
& compile that list... Seconds to spin a regex entry to "trap" all
posable nymshifts and a quick "sort by date" to collect together the
shift points. I didn't even work up a sweat.

And back to those filters...

As long as you stay within the box I've created for you'll only be
downscored. And with all your little nymshits openly viable I can
quickly compile a filter for everyone else. Any leap outside that
box is already killfile you in both Hamster & nFilter. };8)

That's called social engeniering, and Jabbers, you are my latest
specimin, my little Usenet pet as it were. And because of me YOU'VE
diliberatly changed you trolling habits. Funny how things work. }:8P

Thanks to you guys at AFN I can Harras JW's all I want.

Since when *Jabbers* have you ever been a victom?

From my accounts and searches it's only happened once, and ever since
then you've kept it going by goating others on, as if once it's all
stopped you'd have nothing else to live for. Are you that lonely?

And I bet a zillion dollar this post will show up in that stupid
uk garden forum too.

If it feeds off the Usenet, yes it will...
But if your good about it I'll give you a doggie biskit. };8)

--
Maxx Pollare - Looking for a "less trolled" newsgroup?

* Use Newsproxy: http://www.nfilter.org/download.html *
* With: http://www.dragonfur.ca/nowhere/nfilter.dat.txt *
Old 23-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Sylvan Butler

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:09:10 -0400, Galen Hekhuis wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:56:35 -0700, ~ jan jjspond
wrote:

Who IS still out there (lurking) hoping this trolling is going to go
away? ~ jan

I'm lurking mainly because I have so little to contribute. While I may
hope so, I have little expectation that any of this trolling is going to go
away. My experience has been that it happens from time to time in
virtually every group I've been in no matter what anyone does. I generally

Ditto.

use the filter in my head rather than try killfiles or something. I know I

I create filter rules. Trying to wade thru 1000+ garbage messages is
too annoying.

miss some good stuff and wind up reading some crap, but most of the time I

My rules might kill something valid, but oh well.

sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
Old 24-09-2005, 05:45 AM
~ jan jjspond

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 04:21:04 -0400, lowbacca wrote:

And this is going to solve your troll problem created by Carol?

Carol is no longer a problem to me, I've killfilter her and those who are
non-ponders that wish to debate w/her. If Carol EVER takes her own advice
to stop feeding the trolls, I will be the first to give her CPR. Until
then, Carol who? ;o) ~ jan

PS, what is all this about me flooding the newsgroup? It was hardly a
trickle in comparison to what happen here last weekend. Sheesh.
Old 25-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Lois

x-no-archive: yes
Lois wrote:
I'm still hanging around.
Lois

on what?????

McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o
Make sure of which Reel McKoi you're replying to - the TROLL from
alt.religion.jehovahs-witn is using other people's names to bypass
killfiles. There are now TWO Reel McKoi's posting here.

Clutching a slippery rock behind a waterfall. I have a bullfrog on my
head and my fish are nibbling at my toes. I think I'm growing some
algae on my shoulders as well.

Old 25-09-2005, 04:13 PM
news group

~ jan jjspond wrote:

Who IS still out there (lurking) hoping this trolling is going to go
away? ~ jan

I'm still here....
W. Dale
Old 25-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Wilmdale

Daniel Morrow wrote:

I am here though quite frankly the trolling is hardly if even any effecting
me. I just select what I want to read and read it skipping the garbage.

That makes at least two of us. And the kill file works great too! :-) .
W. Dale

Old 25-09-2005, 06:03 PM
John M. Darnielle

John is here, but I am weary...

John

Old 25-09-2005, 07:38 PM
~ jan jjspond

Lois wrote:
I'm still hanging around.
Lois

Keeping hanging in there Lois, REAL ponders are still here. ~ jan

Old 06-10-2005, 02:27 AM
dkat

I just checked in to see if the troll flooding was done. It seems worse.
Is there no one this can be reported to? Can the room be turned into a
moderated room? It is sad to see this being done.

DKat

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"~ jan jjspond" wrote:

Who IS still out there (lurking) hoping this trolling is going to go
away? ~ jan

Hi jan,

Well, I'm here, but I've kill filed so many people that the message list
is
kinda shallow.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Phatom

dkat wrote:
I just checked in to see if the troll flooding was done. It seems worse.
Is there no one this can be reported to? Can the room be turned into a
moderated room? It is sad to see this being done.

Her account is dpc6682112001.direcpc.com and you may report her to:

by calling 1-800-DirecPC, by emailing us at , or
by writing to:

DirecPC
Customer Care Center
11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876 USA

Her use of remailers can still be traced to her account.No American ISP
like to be
associated with Hate Speech no matter if Hate speech is protected
under the First. It affects their commercial interest.
Then you can contact your own ISP and have them add them to their
block List Direcpc.com

Just tell them to look at outgoing logs from the account.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:50 AM
~ jan jjspond

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:27:40 -0400, "dkat" wrote:

I just checked in to see if the troll flooding was done. It seems worse.
Is there no one this can be reported to? Can the room be turned into a
moderated room? It is sad to see this being done.

DKat

Many of us are using our killfilters on max, RP looks pretty normal for me.

Pond related tidbit: What do you think of that salmon Alaska put on a 737
and we taxpayers paid for? A Sanke or Showa would have been prettier, imo.
~ jan
Old 06-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Daniel Morrow

Mid posted.

wrote:

I just checked in to see if the troll flooding was done. It seems worse.
Is there no one this can be reported to? Can the room be turned into a
moderated room? It is sad to see this being done.

DKat

Many of us are using our killfilters on max, RP looks pretty normal for

me.

Same for me. Newsproxy works great - I can even filter on paths. It does
everything I need it to. Downloadable for free, and if you want to get
really deep into filtering check out hamster. Later all!

Pond related tidbit: What do you think of that salmon Alaska put on a 737
and we taxpayers paid for? A Sanke or Showa would have been prettier, imo.

Salmon tastes great, even smoked salmon tastes great ;-).

~ jan

Old 06-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Aidan Karley

In article , Dkat wrote:
Is there no one this can be reported to?

Only the ISP of the offending poster, as identified by the
message's headers.

Can the room be turned into a moderated room?

It's not a "room", it's a USENET newsgroup (regardless of the
terminology that your news-reader uses). The system was designed for
unmoderated interchange of information and opinion, primarily in an
academic environment and the basic protocols simply did not include any
mention of "moderation" at all. Moderation has been added since, but a
newsgroup needs to be initially set up as being moderated to ensure that
all the properly and improperly configured USENET hosts "gets the
message".
The protocols for setting up a new newsgroup in one of the "big
eight" hierarchies of USENET (comp.*, misc.*, net.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*,
soc.*, talk.*) are well established. In this case you'd probably be
looking to set up "rec.ponds.moderated" or something similar. You'll need
to write a charter (describing the aims of the group, what's on-topic,
off-topic), post calls for votes at certain intervals in (one of the
news.* groups, I can't remember which ; news.* is for discussion of
administration of the USENET structure), and then, if the votes turn out
in favour then your moderators will be able issue the control messages to
get news administrators around the world to accept and relay messages
directed to your newsgroup.
BTW, who's going to do the moderating, and what rules are you going
to have to settle disputes about the moderator's decisions? These
questions absolutely must be addressed, and answered, before the votes
could even be considered for being called. (BTW, a number of vote counters
who are completely independent of the group proposed must be found ; there
are procedures for this too).

Typically, setting up a big-8 newsgroup takes several attempts
before it's successful. Six months to a year, I recall as being the
typical time to set it up.

In contrast, to set up a group in the alt.* hierarchy you just need
to know how to post control messages to a news server, have permission to
do it from the server's owner, and then persuade other news
administrators, individually, to accept and relay messages for that group.
Some people will, some people won't ; there is no governance of alt.*
apart from the arbitrary whim of news administrators and the willingness
of people to pay for "content".

In short, no you can't turn rec.ponds into a moderated newsgroup,
but you could set up a moderated group such as rec.ponds.moderated, if you
wanted to spend the time, or alt.rec.ponds (which may or may not be
carried by news providers at their discretion) if you wanted a result this
week.

Looking through my ISP's list of carried groups, I see
alt.arthritis.spondy.risg.info, which is moderated ; alt.garden.pond.chat
, which is not moderated ; alt.support.arthritis.risg-spondy.info , which
is unmoderated ; alt.support.arthritis.spondyloarthro.moderated which is
not moderated ; and rec.ponds (plus 3 others in alt.* , one in misc.*, and
4 others in other hierarchies which are of non-global distribution such as
fr.rec.jeux.corresPONDance). I know nothing about the contents of any of
these, but my guess is that recently someone has been trying to set up a
group about a joint disease, but has been getting it wrong, repeatedly.
That's typical of alt.* .

Hope this helps. I'm sure it's not the answer you want, but it's
reasonably accurate. (Some years ago I was looking at setting up a
newsgroup for my area ; we decided against it and set up a mailing list
instead, which worked more-or-less, but gives one a lot more control than
a newsgroup. It's correspondingly less accessible though.)

--
Aidan Karley,
Aberdeen, Scotland,

Old 06-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Surface

Maxx Pollare wrote:

Unsubstatiated, and highly inprobable...
Then there's the fact that even Jabbers himself admited that Carol
deosn't know how to use filters, let alone anon software. Or did you
for get that there Jabbers?

Incorrect. She refuses to use filters. If she did; it will kill her fun
on crossposting troll alerts. And the typical "remove x newsgroup from
the thread," on top she would not be able to launch her anon remailer
attacks. How could she if she can't read anything I post because of a
filter?

I never thought you to be misleading and dishonest among other things.

Kiss goodbye to international call charges! Now you can call abroadfor the price of a UK call! APNADIAL United Kingdom 8 31-07-2009 06:24 PM
to roll or not to roll... jellyfish Lawns 7 21-11-2006 04:35 AM
Sowing new grass seed, roll or don't roll? MM United Kingdom 1 14-04-2005 05:19 PM
Rec.ponds Roll Call? matrix j Ponds 71 29-06-2004 06:10 PM
Rec.ponds Roll Call? Whoa! matrix j Ponds 1 26-06-2004 11:08 PM