Old 13-05-2006, 03:30 AM posted to rec.ponds
Lizzard Guy

Default A request

Don;t pay him any attention Snooze, he will not return your email
anyhow.......I think he gets off everytime someone send him an
email. He kissed my ass a few times to email him and I did, and its
been un replied to yet.

On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:30:41 +0100, Gill Passman
wrote:
Snooze wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Koi-Lo wrote:

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*
Those of us not in the UK wouldn't know where to suggest you go to look
for
something. :*( I couldn't even guess what the stores are like in
another
country.

You couldn't guess what is outside of you trailer.

Oh snap! How will you recover from a 3rd degree burn like that.

-S

So getting on topic Snooze (or should it be yawn) do you know what a
Maidenhead Aquatics is???? I know for sure that Carol does.....but maybe
you are so stuck up your American whatever that you cannot comprehend
that there is a life outside what you are comfortable with...get real
girl/boy....and stop attempting to destroy these newsgroups....hell if
you have any you want to discuss just mail me.....

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....but I am entitled to "MY" opinion...
Old 13-05-2006, 03:39 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

"Mister Gardener" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 12 May 2006 18:15:46 -0500, "Koi-Lo" wrote:

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Just thought I'd ask that posters remember that this group is
nationwide,
not just American/Canadian. Replies to posts should bear this in mind,
as
I don't have a Walmart in Kent, UK
--
ßôyþëtë

=================================
Those of us not in the UK wouldn't know where to suggest you go to look
for
something. :*( I couldn't even guess what the stores are like in
another
country.

Now Koi, even I know that the best place to shop fish in the UK is at
Maidenhead fish stores. All the maidenheads on the left side of the
big pond have disappeared. You've heard Pete Seeger: Where have all
the maidenheads gone - young men have picked them every one . . .

ROFLMAO! :-D Er,..... I was talking about "other stuff."
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 13-05-2006, 03:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"BoyPete" wrote in message

Just thought I'd ask that posters remember that this group is
nationwide, not just American/Canadian. Replies to posts should bear
this in mind, as I don't have a Walmart in Kent, UK
--
ßôyþëtë

=================================
Those of us not in the UK wouldn't know where to suggest you go to look
for something. :*( I couldn't even guess what the stores are like in
another country.

But those of us in that country can...remember this is an international
group...specifying certain US stores does not help those of us not in the
US....

I'm not beating on you...a lot of posters make these assumptions - guess
it is an "American thing"

LOV
Gill

=======================
It's hard for me to picture any place on earth WITHOUT a Wally World or Home
Depot. ;-)
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 13-05-2006, 12:12 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Snooze wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Just thought I'd ask that posters remember that this group is
nationwide, not just American/Canadian. Replies to posts should bear
this in mind, as I don't have a Walmart in Kent, UK

Not yet anyways. Got starbucks, mcdonalds, kfc, and burger king
don't you?

Yeah, but they don't sell fish food..................oh, I don't know
though........ lol
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 13-05-2006, 12:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Tai-Fu the Kung-Fu dude wrote:

Ya got that pete boy and you other brits!

I hope your dyslexia isn't catching
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 13-05-2006, 12:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Snooze wrote:
"Gill Passman" wrote in message

So getting on topic Snooze (or should it be yawn) do you know what a
Maidenhead Aquatics is???? I know for sure that Carol does.....but maybe
you are so stuck up your American whatever that you cannot comprehend that
there is a life outside what you are comfortable with...get real
girl/boy....and stop attempting to destroy these newsgroups....hell if you
have any you want to discuss just mail me.....

Wow, you just demonstrated far more stereotyping then I could possibly have.
Think all of us are ugly Americans who are completely ignorant of everything
outside of our small town in rural Nebraska? To be honest, my knowledge of
London geography is pretty skewed. I know where things are on the tube map,
but I wouldn't do a very good job at identifying where the tube stops are on
a map of the greater London area. I've been to London more times then I can
count, how many times have you come to my neck of the woods?

Don't recall ever seeing a pet fish store, although it's never been
something I've looked for either. For household goods, the most I've done
going down to Curry's or Wick's for various home repair stuff at my
grandparent's place.

Whenever I'm in London, I do most of my shopping in Ealing or in Oxford.
When I was younger we'd chill in covent garden or on edgeware road. Nothing
is like having a sharma, some mint tea while puffing some shisha over on
edgeware. Lately I like going to the tea palace in nottinghill, even if it's
incredibly expensive for just tea. None of those areas are really the kind
where you'd find fish, except on a plate.

If we really want to see who can pee farther, how many country stamps are on
your passport? betcha far fewer then mine.

Hope you drank a lot of water, because here's my list. USA, Canada, Mexico,
Tanzania, Kenya, UAE, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, India,
Japan, China.

-S

Well it is very refreshing that there are some people who don't fit the
stereotypical image of Americans when it comes to travel :-) - I think
we are even on countries but you beat me when it comes to continents -
but there is still time....of course, nowadays, travelling to Europe is
probably the equivalent of you guys travelling within the States...

I would guess that you are "the exception that proves the rule" - it
cannot be denied that many Americans do not even have passports let
alone use them....but yes, it was unfair of me to lob you all in
together....

As for the US I would love to see a bit more of the rural locations -
the closest I got to it was Long Island for a week working....didn't see
any fish shops there either....but wasn't really looking...other than
that I've just really been in the mainstream type places (I hasten to
add not just the Disney type places that the "stereotypical" English
person is expected to visit)

Gill
Old 13-05-2006, 02:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
As for the US I would love to see a bit more of the rural locations - the
closest I got to it was Long Island for a week working....didn't see any
fish shops there either....but wasn't really looking...other than that
I've just really been in the mainstream type places (I hasten to add not
just the Disney type places that the "stereotypical" English person is
expected to visit)

============================
If you ever get the chance, visit our western states. See the deserts, the
Grand Canyon, the Rocky Mountains. Some of these locations will take your
breath away. The western half, in my opinion, is more interesting than the
eastern half.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 13-05-2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Koi-Lo wrote:

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

"Gill Passman" wrote in message

As for the US I would love to see a bit more of the rural locations -
the closest I got to it was Long Island for a week working....didn't
see any fish shops there either....but wasn't really looking...other
than that I've just really been in the mainstream type places (I
hasten to add not just the Disney type places that the "stereotypical"
English person is expected to visit)

============================
If you ever get the chance, visit our western states. See the deserts,
the Grand Canyon, the Rocky Mountains. Some of these locations will
take your breath away. The western half, in my opinion, is more
interesting than the eastern half.

I've flown over the Grand Canyon but that isn't quite the same thing.
I've visited Manhatten, Long Island, San Diego, LA and New Orleans so
far...there is so much still to see....One day, I'll have saved up
enough pennies to visit again...

Gill
Old 13-05-2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gary Woods

"BoyPete" wrote:

Yeah, but they don't sell fish food..................

Somebody, I think Herbert Axelrod said, "The best food for fish is....
fish!"

Old 13-05-2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

*NOTE: There are two Koi-Lo's on this NG*

Pecking at the keyboard with two fingers Gill Passman at
turned out this gem:

I've flown over the Grand Canyon but that isn't quite the same thing.
I've visited Manhatten, Long Island, San Diego, LA and New Orleans so
far...there is so much still to see....One day, I'll have saved up
enough pennies to visit again...

=======================
If you ever win the lottery plan to spend at least 2 to 4 weeks here in the
USA. Rent an RV and stick mostly to the backroads, off the beaten
Tourist-Trap path. That's what myself and my ex-husband did for a month
back in the 1970s. But we did it in a converted Van. It was quite a
vacation, the vacation of a lifetime and not as expensive as you would think
because of no Hotel/Motel bills. I got to see parts of America I never knew
existed. And I guess you can say I was in a "foreign country" since we did
hit Banff in Canada.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 13-05-2006, 03:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lizzard Guy

Yea, thats why Carol washers her **** out in her pond as she is too
****ing cheap to buy fish food for her carps.

Old 13-05-2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Snooze wrote:
Not yet anyways. Got starbucks, mcdonalds, kfc, and burger king
don't you?

Yeah, but they don't sell fish food..................oh, I don't know
though........ lol

You think the crap they sell at McDonalds qualifies as human food?

Old 13-05-2006, 09:37 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gary Woods

"Snooze" wrote:

You think the crap they sell at McDonalds qualifies as human food?

For very small values of "human."

Ko-Ko

I've got a little list...

/Ko-Ko

Old 13-05-2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.ponds

Yea, look at what McDonalds food does to you limeys teeth, makes em
all rotted and cockeyed etc.....just like the queen mums. I hear pray
tell it makes your ovaries fallout also.......just ask
CArol..........

On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:40:22 GMT, "Snooze" wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Snooze wrote:
Not yet anyways. Got starbucks, mcdonalds, kfc, and burger king
don't you?

Yeah, but they don't sell fish food..................oh, I don't know
though........ lol

You think the crap they sell at McDonalds qualifies as human food?

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....but I am entitled to "MY" opinion...

Request Poulan chainsaw Carb Tune-Up Procedure Ken Shelton Lawns 2 18-11-2009 01:48 AM
UK lILLY REQUEST K Ponds (alternative) 0 23-03-2003 04:20 PM
[IBC] Per request of JKLewis.. Donald Henry Shaw Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 02:08 AM
Plant ID request Cindy Gardening 1 13-03-2003 01:56 AM
Request for Recommendations: Book on Vegetables Neil Trotter United Kingdom 9 29-01-2003 11:36 PM