Old 25-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default New photos

I had not added anything new until the photos today, but you can see what
the pond looks like after last week's planting efforts. The fish refused to
line up and say "Shrimp", so I have several photos of them in an attempt to
get them all. Hopefully, the plants will fill in and it will look very
different in a few months. I'll update then!

--
Lee B.
See my Zone 9 a/b ponds at:

Old 25-04-2003, 04:44 PM
John Rutz

Lee Brouillet wrote:
I had not added anything new until the photos today, but you can see what
the pond looks like after last week's planting efforts. The fish refused to
line up and say "Shrimp", so I have several photos of them in an attempt to
get them all. Hopefully, the plants will fill in and it will look very
different in a few months. I'll update then!

--
Lookin good Lee!!!!

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 25-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Lee Brouillet wrote:
I had not added anything new until the photos today, but you can see what
the pond looks like after last week's planting efforts. The fish refused to
line up and say "Shrimp", so I have several photos of them in an attempt to
get them all. Hopefully, the plants will fill in and it will look very
different in a few months. I'll update then!

Hi Lee,
Your pond and plants are looking great. Do you have a
sitting area within the screens?
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 25-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Lee Brouillet

Hey Bonnie! Yes, the area where I was taking the photos from is a covered
porch. The whole front porch is about 12' x 18', and it's also enclosed. So
I can go out and not have to worry 'bout skeeters and no-see-ums. The down
side is that I also don't have to worry about butterflys (except those in
the pond! G), dragonflies and the like. They come in when I'm cleaning the
area and have the door open, and I try to shoosh them out before they get
trapped when I close the doors. I have lots of lizards and gekkos, but so
far this year, I only have frogs and toads in the back yard. That's not
really all THAT bad, because it limits the pathogens the fish are exposed
to. I can scrape and scope, give injections, and have quite a few meds on
hand: but if I don't have to use them - that's better than having to be
prepared!

Lee

Old 25-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Lee Brouillet wrote:
[...]

Wow, we've talked about doing that, but it's not very
practical here in NJ. Maybe if we win the lottery!

Old 25-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

Around here, there are entire industries built around swimming pools. Most
pools are caged around here, just to keep the skeeters out. This is just a
modified pool cage. I have house on one side, porch on another, and the
privacy wall. All I had to do was close off one side, the porch entry and
put a roof on it. And I did it "pre-season" (for pools), so the contractors
were "hungry". Keep in mind that I understand that money is relative (yeh,
they either HAVE it, or WANT it! G), this cost $1500. If we could have
done it ourselves, it would have been less than 1/4 of that.

I cut the crape myrtles back this year, so when they leaf/flower out, I'll
take photos from the porch looking out. It's really nice, all screened in.
It's a nice place for coffee and Sunday papers, too. Trust me: I'm waiting
to win the lottery, too! Man, do I have plans!!!!

Old 25-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Nedra

Lee, I Know you guys enjoy your pond now! Talkin' about
coffee and Sunday papers! Gee Whiz ... some folks have
all the luck ;-)

Your pond and surrounds are absolutely lovely!

Nedra

Old 26-04-2003, 01:32 AM
mad

really nice, lee!
mad
--
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway
through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God--I could be

Lynda Montgomery

Old 26-04-2003, 09:21 AM
K30a

good work!

k30a
Old 26-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Nice pond. Your split water course is great!

The picture of Lee with pond is missing.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 28-04-2003, 03:44 AM
jammer

Very nice