Old 15-05-2003, 10:32 PM
*muffin*

Default water temp for plants

was told by pond place,, they won't guarantee plants till after june 1st,
PLUS water SHOULD be 70 degrees.
(now my hardy's in the big mud bottom pond are up ok, & its dang cold
there!)

do I need to worry about water temps for plants such as anacharis & water
hyacinths?
what about other bog plants? taro etc..
since I ordered some, already,, do I need to keep them in a tub indoors?

Old 15-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

*muffin* wrote:
was told by pond place,, they won't guarantee plants till after june 1st,
PLUS water SHOULD be 70 degrees.
(now my hardy's in the big mud bottom pond are up ok, & its dang cold
there!)

do I need to worry about water temps for plants such as anacharis & water
hyacinths?
what about other bog plants? taro etc..
since I ordered some, already,, do I need to keep them in a tub indoors?

Hi,
If the plants are hardy you don't have to worry. But water
hyacinths are tropical and should be protected from frost.
If you're area has a frost warning you should bring the
tropical plants in over night, otherwise they should be okay.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 16-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Mark

"*muffin*" wrote in message
was told by pond place,, they won't guarantee plants till after june 1st,
PLUS water SHOULD be 70 degrees.

It's a good they're not in the UK the water temperature never gets to 70 :-)

(now my hardy's in the big mud bottom pond are up ok, & its dang cold
there!)

All hardy's will be fine, so will deep water oxygenators and the like.

do I need to worry about water temps for plants such as anacharis & water
hyacinths?

I've been unable to get hyacinths to flower over here (too cold), they need
to come indoors if there's a chance of frost, they go brown and mushy
otherwise.

what about other bog plants? taro etc..
since I ordered some, already,, do I need to keep them in a tub indoors?

Bog plants should be OK too.

Mark
UK

Old 17-05-2003, 01:44 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , "*muffin*"
writes:

water hyacinths

I am in Zone 6 and have three of them in my pond and they are doing ok. A
little yellow but soon it should be getting even warmer.

Sacha

good average water temp? Shagster Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 06-06-2005 12:03 PM
Plant water temp? Sam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 27-07-2004 04:06 PM
Water TEmp Question Ted Ponds 9 13-11-2003 04:32 AM
Water temp question Lee Brouillet Ponds 10 18-05-2003 01:20 AM
Water temp question jammer Ponds 5 09-02-2003 02:43 AM