Old 10-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Bob Adkins

Default Is this a pond newsgroup...?

....Or a koi and goldfish group?

After reading nearly every post, I am embarrassed to find that my post seems
to be the only one about a recreational pond.

Bob
Old 10-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Chris Tondreau

This is a pond newsgroup. Maybe you're not getting all the posts, because
I'm seeing many more topics than koi & goldfish, although they get their
fair share too :-) Maybe you need to adjust some settings?

Jacqui

Old 10-06-2003, 03:56 PM
John Rutz

--
dont worry about it its a pond group mainly but we do a lot of
discussion abour our residents a few of us do have game fish in the ponds

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 10-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Bob Adkins

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:11:29 -0400, "Chris Tondreau"
wrote:

This is a pond newsgroup. Maybe you're not getting all the posts, because
I'm seeing many more topics than koi & goldfish, although they get their
fair share too :-) Maybe you need to adjust some settings?

Cool. Thanks.

Bob
Old 10-06-2003, 03:56 PM
John Hines

Bob Adkins wrote:

...Or a koi and goldfish group?

After reading nearly every post, I am embarrassed to find that my post seems
to be the only one about a recreational pond.

The majority of us don't have the room for a recreational pond.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Gary Woods

John Rutz wrote:

a few of us do have game fish in the ponds
we have ponds in the group from 50 gallons to 5 acres

So, is it time to post the annual "Walter" sighting in my 3/4 acre pond?
Late wife's koi, graduated from a 55-gallon tank to the pond several years
ago when he was having anxiety attacks. Now shares nicely with potted
hardy lilies and large-mouth bass (Hint: thinning needed; near Albany,
NY).

You'll also see discussion of things like filtration methods and various
aquatic plants. Speaking of which, it's time to plant the yellow bog iris
I bought at "Garden in the Woods" over near Boston a couple of weeks ago...

Some mail-order places sell cattails! I'm a millionaire! I could retire!

Marty Feldman
Too late!
/Marty Feldman

The sun'll do that...

Old 10-06-2003, 04:32 PM
K30a

There are some big pond posters who show up, not as regular as us smaller
ponders. I have a 3,000 gallon and 800 gallon bog.

But we all DREAM of bigger ponds and the acreage to have them ;-)

k30a
Old 10-06-2003, 04:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Hines" wrote in message
Bob Adkins wrote:

...Or a koi and goldfish group?

After reading nearly every post, I am embarrassed to find that my post

seems
to be the only one about a recreational pond.

The majority of us don't have the room for a recreational pond.

What is a recreational pond?

BV.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:44 PM
K30a

BV wrote What is a recreational pond?

One that you can take a small boat or raft on and fish. (I had a toy boat with
a fishing frog - I think one of the labradors ate it.) Or skate on if it
freezes nicely in the winter. (Our beagle tried that before she fell through
the ice... very noisy a cold swimming beagle.)
Or swim in. (rec.ponders do that but it usually a case of OOPPSS! - kind along
the lines of the ponders who accidently discharged a shotgun in the house.)

k30a
Old 10-06-2003, 05:44 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Adkins wrote:

...Or a koi and goldfish group?

After reading nearly every post, I am embarrassed to find that my post

seems
to be the only one about a recreational pond.

The majority of us don't have the room for a recreational pond.

What is a recreational pond?

What the poster wanted in another post, was a pond he could fish in,
with panfish, bass, etc.

Specifically, he was looking for how to create habitat for them to live
in.

Not something I'm gonna be able to do on a lot in the 'burbs.

Old 10-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Hines wrote:
Bob Adkins wrote:

...Or a koi and goldfish group?

After reading nearly every post, I am embarrassed to find that my post seems
to be the only one about a recreational pond.

The majority of us don't have the room for a recreational pond.

And some of us are envious of those that do ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 10-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
"John Hines" wrote in message

Bob Adkins wrote:

...Or a koi and goldfish group?

After reading nearly every post, I am embarrassed to find that my post

seems

to be the only one about a recreational pond.

The majority of us don't have the room for a recreational pond.

What is a recreational pond?

BV.

My guess would be for boating, swimming and fishing.

Old 10-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Sam Hopkins

Hi Bob,

I have a large pond as do a few others. I've responded to your post.

Sam

Old 10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
mad

i have goldfish in _my_ recreational pond. what do _you_ mean by a
recreational pond?
mad
--
See my zone 8B pond: