Old 14-06-2003, 03:08 AM
John Hines

Default Garbage Can Clay Filter

"RichToyBox" wrote:

I really think Kathy is onto something BV. The fabric is similar or the
same as the siltation/erosion control fabric used along side highway
construction sites to keep the clay and silt from leaving the construction
site and flowing down stream.

Bales of straw are placed in drainage ditches around here, same idea,
but older tech.

Old 14-06-2003, 03:32 AM
John Rutz

John Hines wrote:
"RichToyBox" wrote:

I really think Kathy is onto something BV. The fabric is similar or the
same as the siltation/erosion control fabric used along side highway
construction sites to keep the clay and silt from leaving the construction
site and flowing down stream.

Bales of straw are placed in drainage ditches around here, same idea,
but older tech.

there ya go BV can drain his pond fill it with straw bales and after it
dries take the straw and clay to the dump

sorry BV coulnt resist its been a bad weekend
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 14-06-2003, 03:44 AM
zookeeper

John Hines wrote:
"RichToyBox" wrote:

I really think Kathy is onto something BV. The fabric is similar or the
same as the siltation/erosion control fabric used along side highway
construction sites to keep the clay and silt from leaving the construction
site and flowing down stream.

Bales of straw are placed in drainage ditches around here, same idea,
but older tech.

Use barley straw bales, and make sure you won't get an algae bloom once
the clay is gone. ;-) Two fish with one hook, right?
--
Kathy B, zookeeper

Old 14-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Sorry BV, we are having too much fun at your expense! We should not treat
you like dirt....I mean clay.......;-)

Leave the clay alone! It's very good for your Koi's digestive system! I
pay to buy clay to dump in my water!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 17-06-2003, 02:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Sorry BV, we are having too much fun at your expense! We should not treat
you like dirt....I mean clay.......;-)

Leave the clay alone! It's very good for your Koi's digestive system! I
pay to buy clay to dump in my water!

How much do you need? I have a specialized clay product that has the clay
already suspended in water. I can truck it over to you.

The McGyver filter is working it seems. I have decided to periodically pump
the pump in the filter and pump out into the yard, as I squeeze the batting.
I am getting thick orange muck out. I am going to buy Amquel this week, and
just slowly do water changes using the MCGyver filter. The water is
clearing, albeit slowly.

BV.

Old 17-06-2003, 03:20 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message

Sorry BV, we are having too much fun at your expense! We should not treat
you like dirt....I mean clay.......;-)

Leave the clay alone! It's very good for your Koi's digestive system! I
pay to buy clay to dump in my water!

How much do you need? I have a specialized clay product that has the clay
already suspended in water. I can truck it over to you.

The McGyver filter is working it seems. I have decided to periodically pump
the pump in the filter and pump out into the yard, as I squeeze the batting.
I am getting thick orange muck out. I am going to buy Amquel this week, and
just slowly do water changes using the MCGyver filter. The water is
clearing, albeit slowly.

BV.

--I knew you'd do it sooner or later persrerverance counts in this hobby
( and a bit of ould fashioned stubronness doesnt hurt either)

Old 17-06-2003, 04:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Rutz" wrote in message
snip
--I knew you'd do it sooner or later persrerverance counts in this hobby
( and a bit of ould fashioned stubronness doesnt hurt either)

snip

I am not out of the woods yet. The water is still muck, but I am able to see
a bit further then ever. I got a lot of reassurance, when I decided to pump
the water out of the filter box. When I saw how dense it was, I knew this
was working. So I think continuing down this road, with some water changes
will do the trick. We'll see. Either way, I have an extra pump for my
waterfall now!

BV.