Old 10-07-2003, 06:31 PM
bobkiely

Default Muffin's Lillies

I am happy to report that while the raccoon knocked off the lily bud that
Muffin sent me, I now have 4 new 2"-3" leaves laying on the surface of my
pond and a couple more on their way to the surface.

I'd just like to thank her again, this time publicly, for all the effort she
made to send out as many packages as she did. That was a lot of hard work
and she should be applauded for what she did for people she's never met.

Bob Kiely

PS: How long before they turn green? Or is that dependent on the amount of
sun they receive?

Old 10-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Sam Hopkins

Wish my lillies would grow. I had 10 of them and then a 18-20 inch turtle
eat all my leaves. =(

Old 10-07-2003, 10:58 PM
*muffin*

thanks!

I was sooooo worried about your pond (giggle/........sorry......I know I
know,, one day I will get hit also.but your descriptions are priceless).).

maybe next year I'll be able to get more out to share, we need a backhoe to
dig the suckers out, & it has gone back to 'its' home. I just sent 3 more
out to people, but have not heard from any of them,, hmmm.... all the others
(15) I mailed out with yours , seemed to have arrived ok.

& yes it was a trusting thing. I *think* everyone paid me for the postage
( got backlogged in email, so didn't quite verify) so that is somethign else
you have to consider...*2 way street*

hey, I figure someone , somewhere will do something nice for me,, once.
: )

ok, as to your question,, *GREEN* ??huh?? the leaves should be green when
they hit the surface.. what color are they?

Old 10-07-2003, 11:22 PM
joe

*muffin* wrote:

ok, as to your question,, *GREEN* ??huh?? the leaves should be green when
they hit the surface.. what color are they?

Mine are red so far.

Joe

Old 11-07-2003, 03:08 AM
bobkiely

Like Joe said, they're brownish red but today I noticed a tinge of green so
I'm sure they'll be green in no time.
BK

Old 11-07-2003, 03:57 AM
Lori

Mine are red so far.

Mine are too.

Lori
Old 11-07-2003, 05:08 AM
*muffin*

hmm, guess I need to look at mine again (lol)

Muffin doesn't pay attention?

"Lori" wrote in message

Mine are red so far.

Mine are too.

Lori

Old 11-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Sue Walsh

Muffin,
Thanks for my lily (bigger than any I purchased from pond stores),
check is going in the mail tomorrow, I just got mine (one of the last
3). You said you need a backhoe to get them out, I believe it by the
size of the roots. Do you pot your lilies or just toss them into the
pond with some kind of weight. How big is your pond. BTW I have some
in my pond which always have red leaves. The one you sent had green
leaves. Thanks again, Sue W.

Old 11-07-2003, 06:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Like Joe said, they're brownish red but today I noticed a tinge of green so
I'm sure they'll be green in no time.
BK

It may be temperature dependent. Like how new rose leaves look in spring,
reddish, is temperature dependent, once it warms up they're green. What is
your water temp, BK? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 11-07-2003, 07:08 AM
bobkiely

Yeah, that could be...my water is 77-78. I have a feeling tho that they'll
be green within a week.
BK

Old 11-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Mark T.

I agree with everyone about Muffin's lillies.
I received mine and they're in great shape.
I still can't belive that you not only deliver
quality lillies, but pack and ship them so
professionally for that price.
One of them is huge! Planted them the day I
received them and they're doing fine.

Thanks Muffin!

Mark

PS - your money order went out before I received
the lillies. - - trust is indeed a 2 way street.

om...

Old 11-07-2003, 12:56 PM
*muffin*

the ones I mailed out came out of a natural clay bottom pond where I planted
ONE lily 18 years ago ( from our move to this property). it just
spread........ & spread.(I am not sure on size.. maybe 30x40 ft?)_

the fish pond I just put in,, has a liner & I plant in pots.

yup, need a backhoe,, I would not even TRY to walk into that pond,, I'd
sink in all the muck!!!(besides being coated in black goo). I was surprised
that some of the roots were 3 feet long! I couldn't figure out how to
re-plant those in a pot less than 1/2 that deep! hardest part is figuring
WHERE to dig,, I just told hubby,, ok,, drop the bucket,, that looks good,
& he pulled up a big pile of goo,dirt & lilies,, some piles, had more or
less than others.. & of course some lilies were destroyed by this, as the
bucket cut them up while digging.

(I also planted lotus in the same pond,, they didn't survive...)

Old 11-07-2003, 11:35 PM
bobkiely

As I thought, today my lily leaves are more green than brown...I suspect
they will be 100% green by Sunday.

Muffin's Lillies bobkiely Ponds 0 10-07-2003 06:23 PM
[Ping] Muffin - My Lilies are here joe Ponds 2 30-06-2003 05:56 AM
One more for the muffin chorus Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 1 30-06-2003 05:56 AM
Muffin - plant arrived! Lori Ponds 1 26-06-2003 12:44 PM
Muffin needs mittens! tinydancer Roses 0 20-04-2003 07:20 PM