Old 03-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Default K30a - OT

part of my problem is I am literally allergic to wheat, corn, peanuts. When I am off
them for a couple weeks then eat one of those I can tell right away it affects my
asthma. The major problems seem to clear up in most people who get on ATkins or
versions thereof a
mild arthritis seems to clear up, moderate to severe arthritis gets better
mucous/sinus problems seem to clear up
acid stomach stops
thinking seems much sharper
energy levels are way up
BP drops, cholesterol drops
I am sure I am leaving things out.
ohhh...we have discovered cole slaw. DH puts raisins in it, often too much. But
there is something so fresh and delicious about it. Ingrid

"dkat" wrote:
I was also suffering from depressing fatigue which is
now gone.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:02 PM
FBCS

Sorry to hear this. I'm sure she will be on top of all she needs to do to
get well and care for herself. She takes such good care of her wet pets and
us two legged ones. Prayers are with you K30a. Joann
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
Hiya,

Just a note to let you know our beloved K30a has been in the hospital all
Labor Day weekend. We're hoping she'll be home by Tuesday. She was having
some trouble breathing, must have been pretty bad, her DH took her into

the
ER Saturday evening and twas found she has Diabetes. So send her good
vibes. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 03-09-2003, 07:02 PM
K30a

It's me!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooo glad to be home,
even though the house looks like a tornado
blew through it, I don't care, it's HOME!

I've yet to read all the messages yet, will
take care of that slowly.
Right now I have 18 prescriptions getting filled,
ak!
Hopefully we'll be able to reduce those over the next couple weeks.
I plan on being the best patient and fixing all the problems that got me here
in the first place.

Went out to visit the pond - found a lady bullfrog
in the frog bog and the big pond was down a foot!
WH were blocking the outlet of the waterfall.

I'll be here reading and answering eventually.
Thank you for all the good thoughts.
More later!

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 03-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Theo van Daele

Welcome back ! :-)

Now mind that pond ;-)

big pond was down a foot!

Old 03-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Nedra

Do take care, Kathy!
Sounds like your pond missed you as much as we did.

Nedra

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
Welcome back ! :-)

Now mind that pond ;-)

big pond was down a foot!

Old 04-09-2003, 12:22 AM
dkat

I'm so glad you reminded me of coleslaw... I had forgotten how much I like
it since it is something I have avoided for so long trying to keep my weight
under control the old fashion diet way. A friend of mine who has the same
allergies that you do told me that a lot of people are allergic to these
things and don't realize it. I have no idea how factual that is (I mean how
do you measure such a thing?) but I do like the data that is coming out now
on all the health benefits to Atkins. DK

"dkat" wrote:
I was also suffering from depressing fatigue which is
now gone.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 04-09-2003, 03:02 PM

My dressing for slaw
miracle whip 50/50 w/mayo
henri's tastee dressing (good dollop)
salt and pepper
raisins or dried cranberries

my allergies were detected by an allergist, sticking needles under the skin on my
back. it was a ghastly experience. Ingrid

"dkat" wrote:
I was also suffering from depressing fatigue which is
now gone.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 04-09-2003, 11:25 PM
mad

glad you're back! glad you're front, too, but you know what i mean... LOL
mad
--
Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Old 04-09-2003, 11:44 PM
mad

i had that done. they would inject minute allergens, draw a circle around
the injection site with a ballpoint pen and then watch how big the swelling
got beyond the circle. my injction sites would sit there for a while, and
when i'd come back in the next day some of them would have doubled or
tripled in size. as you say, not fun.
mad

--
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?

Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:52:18 GMT

"dkat" wrote:
I was also suffering from depressing fatigue which is
now gone.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 PM
linda jones

As a person who makes few comments, but reads much, K30a has been a
mainstay for information over the years and I felt like someone I
actually knew was taken ill. My thoughts are with her in this time of
recovery, and would like to add that my mother has had good control
since I got her off of white foods-- her sugar runs great numbers.

"A portrait is a painting with something wrong with the mouth." John
Singer Sargent

Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 PM
linda jones

welcome home

Old 06-09-2003, 04:42 PM
K30a

Linda wrote My thoughts are with her in this time of
recovery

Thanks!
We're going along, day by day.
:-)

Old 06-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Nedra

That is the way Kathy. Just take it easy ... very easy.
We *hate* it when you aren't here.

Nedra

"K30a" wrote in message
Linda wrote My thoughts are with her in this time of
recovery

Thanks!
We're going along, day by day.
:-)

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

OT diets - OT K30a - (welcome back K30a!) D Kat Ponds 0 04-09-2003 09:54 PM
Hey k30a ? Bob H Ponds 6 14-08-2003 10:43 PM
K30a: illegal parrots feather Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 4 12-07-2003 09:32 PM
k30a... are you a biologist? a teacher? Don Ponds 9 27-06-2003 03:08 PM
Thanks K30A Sue Alexandre Ponds 1 18-05-2003 05:56 AM