Old 22-09-2003, 12:55 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Checking in - Isabel

Robyn,
Sending you a VAT of virtual hot
chicken soup!!
Get better soon!
k30a

Yes, and get back to us. What you've got sounds awful!!!!! ~ jan (

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 22-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Robyn Rhudy

ER it was. Mom took me yesterday. I have flu, strep, and pink eye. I'm
on amoxicillin. Bed ridden yesterday but well enough today to do e-mail.
I dread catching up on 2 weeks of work at home (neglected the ponds this
week, full of debris too from the hurricane but I did hop in quick to
upright the marginals all knocked down) and at work where I get no
sympathy. I've never felt so bad in my life. I normally don't get sick.
I don't get close to anyone except my family so I'm not sure how I got
three separate viruses and bacteria at once!

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, jammer wrote:

Sounds like strep, go to a dr or you'll be in the hospital. The ER is
good for weekend illnesses and doesn't require time off work. Hope you
feel better soon. Go to a doctor!

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:07:52 -0400, Robyn Rhudy
wrote:

It started last Sat with weakness
and then got sore throat Sun and then off and on fever up to 101 every day
since then plus painful throat, ears, total congestion, inability to
speak, headache, diarrhea, absolutely no appetite, hard to type, should be
in bed,

Important Notice! Robyn's web site will be moving from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com
on or around 10/4/03. This e-mail as well as the site will be deleted at
an unknown time by UMBC without my input. After 10/4/03, please use the
e-mail of instead of this e-mail. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -

Old 22-09-2003, 04:12 PM
K30a

Glad you did the doctor thing and are on
meds. I wonder if the stress of facing
Isabel helped you along?
Put your feet up as much as you can!
OJ with lemon or lime, vitamen C, hot chicken soup,
more broth than anything, with garlic and tabasco. All my favorite remedies.
I think I torture the virus to death! ;-)

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 22-09-2003, 07:42 PM
jammer

Glad you went, hope you feel a lot better soon.

Old 23-09-2003, 03:42 PM

1 virus at a time is the rule
strep and pink eye are bacterial.
Ingrid

I have flu, strep, and pink eye. I'm
on amoxicillin.

I'm not sure how I got
three separate viruses and bacteria at once!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 27-09-2003, 05:42 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Just like a sick fish, one thing stresses their system so the others can
get in. (Life is a Pond) Plus, if you haven't had anything illness for some
time your immune system probably wasn't up to par for the new stuff out
there once exposed, I suppose. ~ jan

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:30:47 GMT, wrote:

1 virus at a time is the rule
strep and pink eye are bacterial.
Ingrid

I have flu, strep, and pink eye. I'm
on amoxicillin.

I'm not sure how I got
three separate viruses and bacteria at once!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Old 30-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Jeff & Kathy Brown

We were in the Cayman's when Isabel hit. Got back on the following Saturday
to find one big tree on top of three smaller trees next to our pond but not
on the pond. We did not get electricity back until the following Tuesday
evening. The pond fish seemed OK but my tank fish were hurting. I had
their airstone plugged into a battery back-up pump but it only lasts 22 hrs.
There were no battery operated pumps to be found anywhere.....even online.
Our neighbor on Monday offered to let us plug into one line on his generator
so, we chose our pond pump. We plugged in an outdoor extension outlet to
his generator, plugged in our pond pump to that and then ran an extension
cord from the outlet into the house for the tank fish. They have all made
it, thanks to our neighbor. We will be getting a generator so, that this
never happen again. Now, we have to finish cutting up the 18+ trees that
have uprooted or have been taken down by the other trees. We had a
mini-forest behind our house, now we have a glen. At least our pond and
fish survived.
Kathy
"FBCS" wrote in message
I had a trying 24hrs. with no power. I prayed for my fish to make it
through. My DH ran around town looking for a generator with non to be

found
a friend provided a mini ac/dc adapter to connect to the battery of the

car
to run aerator. The wetones had been w/o water movement for 14 hrs

already.
The power came on about 1 hr ago and the fish were dancing in the fall
stream of water.

We had many trees down, I live 1/2 mile off the main road. DH took off at
daybreak with the dozer and chain saws. I was able to keep all in
prespective and know many had it much worse than we. The storm had lost

much
of it's punch by the time it got here (So. MD), but it was still the worst

had ever remembered for this area. My heart goes out to those in No. Car
take took the brunt of the impact. Joann

Old 04-10-2003, 03:05 AM
BenignVanilla

wrote in message
1 virus at a time is the rule
strep and pink eye are bacterial.
Ingrid

snip

Uh...Ingrid...should we dip her in salt?

BV.

Isabel Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 11 29-09-2003 01:02 PM
OT--Isabel & Sinus Problems Shiva Roses 2 24-09-2003 10:02 PM
Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 1 20-09-2003 12:26 AM
Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 0 20-09-2003 12:25 AM
Hurricane Isabel's possible path Anne Lurie Ponds 30 19-09-2003 11:38 PM