Old 16-11-2003, 01:32 AM
K30a

Default OT kindof ~ gators in the mail

I thought everybody knew that you can
only ship 19 inch alligators!!!
Milwaukee Postal Workers Find Live Gator

November 15, 2003, 7:35 PM EST

MILWAUKEE -- A four-foot alligator chewed its way out of a shipping carton
before a postal worker tossed it into a hamper and called animal control
officers.

Employees were sorting mail Friday when they noticed the alligator chewing its
way out of an Express Mail box, said JoAnne Blackburn, a Postal Service
spokeswoman.

Workers tried to tape the box closed, but the alligator bit it open.

"The nose ... was sticking out with its teeth hanging out," said postal
employee Jennifer Hejdak. She said a co-worker picked it up by its tail and
threw it in a hamper.

The alligator remain at a shelter for a week before being shipped to a northern
Illinois sanctuary, said Len Selkurt, executive director of the Milwaukee Area
Domestic Animal Control. The sanctuary owner will then take it to Florida, he
said.

Alligators longer than 20 inches are not allowed to be sent through the mail,
and officials said the shipment from Milwaukee to Colorado was under review
k30a
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Old 16-11-2003, 06:42 AM
KenCo

K30a wrote:

I thought everybody knew that you can
only ship 19 inch alligators!!!

actually its covered in section 31 of the USPS code

any non venomous/non dangerous fish,reptile or cold
blooded animal can be sent by mail. priority or
overnight only unless its fertile eggs.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced
Old 16-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Carl Beyer

Wow. I can get an 18 inch gator via the mail? Sounds like just what I
need for the pond.

One requirement... You must live in an apartment in harlem to get it
delivered...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com
Old 16-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Nedra

Non-venomous/Non-dangerous, yeah.
Look out for the teeth though ;-)

Nedra

Old 16-11-2003, 06:42 PM
K30a

Carl wrote One requirement... You must live in an apartment in harlem to get
it
delivered...

chortle! And you have to have a tiger
to keep it company!

Old 16-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Hank

ESPMER (K30a) wrote in message ...
[...]

The way mail service has been lately ...... it probably was only 18in.
when it was sent.

http://www.geocities.com/hankpagel/hankspond1.html
Old 16-11-2003, 08:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well now we know how he originally got the tiger and the gator in the apt
in first place.

What amazes me is/was one could get a tiger cub for the price of most
register dogs!!! Yet people can't breed Sugar Gliders (a tropical critter
that looks like and is smaller than a chipmunk) without a home inspection
and license thru Fish & Wildlife. California doesn't allow them in the
state at all, but look at all the wild critters the Hollywood stars have!
Why? Because S.Gliders might get loose and eat some of the fruit crop. I
guess people eaters are okay. ~ jan

Carl wrote One requirement... You must live in an apartment in harlem to get
it delivered...

chortle! And you have to have a tiger
to keep it company! k30a

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 17-11-2003, 08:02 AM
Offbreed

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote in message . ..

Why? Because S.Gliders might get loose and eat some of the fruit crop. I
guess people eaters are okay. ~ jan

They really should be careful of that. What if one of those things got
loose and ate some actors/actresses?

Poor critter would be in seriously bad shape, eating all that plastic
and silicon.
Old 17-11-2003, 10:26 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

The way mail service has been lately ...... it probably was only 18in.
when it was sent. Hank

LOL!

Why? Because S.Gliders might get loose and eat some of the fruit crop. I
guess people eaters are okay. ~ jan

Offbreed's legitimate concerns, PETA are you paying attention?:
They really should be careful of that. What if one of those things got
loose and ate some actors/actresses?

Poor critter would be in seriously bad shape, eating all that plastic
and silicon. Offbreed

Not too mention frames like hollow chicken bones. ;o) ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 18-11-2003, 01:03 AM

this is blatantly racist. the reality is all the people I have seen on TV trying to
explain how and why their hand raised and tame tigers/pit bulls/rottweilers attacked
and killed their own or the neighbor kids were white people. And I might add, from
the way they brutalized english were stupid white people. Ingrid

.. You must live in an apartment in harlem to get

chortle! And you have to have a tiger
to keep it company!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 18-11-2003, 01:22 AM
K30a

Ingrid wrote this is blatantly racist

Oh, for heaven's sake!
It is not.
And I'm not.

Old 18-11-2003, 05:12 PM

no, stupid white people is descriptive, calling them stupid white trash is
pejorative. Ingrid

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
Thus said, don't you think your above statements could also be
considered racist, or is it PC to dump on white people, as long as they're
stupid and can't speak english well? ;o) ~ jan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List