Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Mike Patterson

Default NooB's lament

I could sure use something that eats algae about now.
My pond is staying green so far.

It went from totally opaque to about 8-10 inches visibility and seems
to be holding there for the last couple of weeks.

Done a couple of 25-30% water changes, no help a-tall.

I'm hoping the water hyacinth gets busy and helps. The fish appeared
to be eating the roots, so I started feeding them a bit more a couple
of days ago.

Also got some watercress starting to take off in the waterfall, but I
know it won't be a big help. Looks nice though. Softens up the looks
of the rocks.

Trying to figure out how I could retrofit a veggie filter.

Fighting the urge to buy a UV sterilizer.

On the upside I have a couple of lilies that are close to reaching the
surface, and the fish seem pretty chipper.

With all my web research, reading this group for about 3 years & such,
I still feel like The Compleat NooB. Oy.

Even worse, I'm outta beer. Used the last of it planting the hyacinth.
Wonder if I can use Tequila for planting? Well, OK, actually, a
Margarita was what I had in mind. Maybe I can use some of the salt in
the pond. Maybe lime juice is the magic cure-all for algae. :-)

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

?questions?questions? (noob) rasta Ponds 12 28-01-2004 03:18 AM
?questions?questions? (noob) rasta Ponds 0 15-01-2004 05:39 PM
Noob question....lighting and plants.. Eleer Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
A Lament Gill Hall United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 12:44 AM
Noob question....lighting and plants.. Eleer Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 29-03-2003 03:20 AM