Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Ka30P

Default The Great Dye Experiment - OT

BV wrote

AGGAHAHAAHHHHH!!?!??!?!?!?!

HOW? HOW? HOW?
And what's the vaseline for?
What do you wear when you do this?
Do you have to buy the horse a drink first?
What no foreplay?
What position do you use?

Hmmmm.
Okay. I'll be strong. I need to keep my future
employment as an educator firmly in mind (as this is a public forum) and let
others take on the majority of those questions...
(how did we get so far astray? - going up to add OT to the subject line)
But I will explain the vaseline. My dear old horse was half Arab half Tennessee
Walker, a beautiful palomino and a sweetheart. He was shown in Park Class, the
fancy english saddles, long linen coats and derby hats. The horses were
supposed to be very showy, lots of high action and fancy stepping. That
included holding his tail high and letting it flow behind him as he went around
the ring. Now underneath that tail we would we want to see a dusty neather
region if you are a judge? (The answer is no ;-) Grooming is part of the
overall effort.
So vaseline was used as part of the grooming for show. Those horses were
treated better than rock stars ;-) - and I don't want to hear any stories about
rock stars and vaseline!
Now you know more than you ever wanted to know about blueing, vaseline and I'll
leave out ginger for today.

kathy :-)