Old 16-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
.. .
As I remember it, the answer was 1 tbsp per 1000 gal per week in high
growing season. Probably varies a lot depending on how many plants are
grabbing the potash for growth.

snip

I use 1 FAT tablespoon per thousand gallons, every few weeks. I have heard,
and found that overdosing is difficult or impossible, so my measurements are
done by hand.

BV.

Old 16-09-2004, 10:16 PM
HA HA Budys Here

From: "Benign Vanilla"

"Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
As I remember it, the answer was 1 tbsp per 1000 gal per week in high
growing season. Probably varies a lot depending on how many plants are
grabbing the potash for growth.

snip

I use 1 FAT tablespoon per thousand gallons, every few weeks. I have heard,
and found that overdosing is difficult or impossible, so my measurements are
done by hand.

BV.

If you knew where Ironite came from, and what else it contains you would NEVER
add it to your pond. Or your soil.

http://www.envirolaw.org/poison.html

San Francisco, CA – A lawsuit filed today by the Environmental Law Foundation
charges a fertilizer manufacturer, Ironite Products Company, with selling
California consumers a toxic-laden home fertilizer product containing high
levels of arsenic and lead. The lawsuit also claims the company is deceiving
consumers through a false advertising campaign that promotes its Ironite
fertilizer as safe for the environment and human health.

The allegations of the complaint are as follows: The Arizona-based Ironite
Products Company's signature product, "Ironite," is made from mine tailings
from a proposed Superfund site in Humboldt, Arizona. Ironite contains high
levels of lead and arsenic – heavy metals that are known to cause cancer and
reproductive harm. The arsenic and lead levels in Ironite exceed California
Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) regulations, and labels on Ironite
omit information about the contents of heavy metals as required by California
law. Ironite is promoted by its manufacturer as "environmentally safe" and
recommended for use on vegetables, flowers, lawns, potted plants, shrubs and
trees.

"When it comes to fertilizers, what you see is not necessarily what you get.
Ironite Products Company is passing mining waste along to consumers as
fertilizer that is environmentally friendly for you and your garden," said
James Wheaton, President of Environmental Law Foundation (ELF).

Old 16-09-2004, 10:16 PM
HA HA Budys Here

From: "Benign Vanilla"

[...]

Soils and adding IRONITE madgardener Gardening 17 09-06-2004 05:26 AM
adding Ironite to soils and my personal opinions don't read it if you're going to flame me, please madgardener Gardening 2 06-05-2004 11:02 PM
Soils and adding IRONITE madgardener Gardening 3 04-05-2004 03:03 PM
Ironite J Kolenovsky Gardening 7 09-12-2003 11:03 PM
Ironite on lawn? Ron Lawns 1 09-06-2003 05:08 AM