Old 25-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Ann in Houston

Default OT- Houston has first white christmas EVER

I have never seen or heard of a white Christmas in Houston, Texas! It feels
like we made history tonight. The kids even made a snowman. It's
absolutely amazing. My MIL's party has never been so exciting. All the
kids had a blast. It was great! Merry Christmas, all!

Old 25-12-2004, 06:56 PM
George

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
I have never seen or heard of a white Christmas in Houston, Texas! It feels
like we made history tonight. The kids even made a snowman. It's
absolutely amazing. My MIL's party has never been so exciting. All the
kids had a blast. It was great! Merry Christmas, all!

How much snow did Houston receive (in iches, of course)?

Old 26-12-2004, 06:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
I have never seen or heard of a white Christmas in Houston, Texas! It
feels
like we made history tonight. The kids even made a snowman. It's
absolutely amazing. My MIL's party has never been so exciting. All the
kids had a blast. It was great! Merry Christmas, all!

====================
I'm living here in middle TN since 1979 and this is the first "almost" white
xmas I remember. There are patches of snow here and there - better than
none at all. :-) It sure is cold. Small water pumps are keeping openings
in the ice on the ponds. The bird feeders are covered with hungry birds
every day. There's a fire roaring in the fireplace and all is well....
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Remember this motto to live by:

Old 26-12-2004, 09:26 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 06:22:40 GMT, "Ann in Houston" wrote:

I have never seen or heard of a white Christmas in Houston, Texas! It feels
like we made history tonight. The kids even made a snowman. It's
absolutely amazing. My MIL's party has never been so exciting. All the
kids had a blast. It was great! Merry Christmas, all!

Very cool Ann, I was hoping for at least a flurry or two, nothing but gray
here yesterday. Which was about my mood when my DH gave me a package of
.....................drum roll...................... fancy lawn edging. s
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 27-12-2004, 02:29 AM
tom A

Carol

what a wonderful tag line, have a happy NY

tom A.
Please check my WeB SiTe: www.kinetickites.com
or call me @ 405-722-KITE (5483)
or E-mail @

Old 27-12-2004, 04:04 AM
~ Windsong ~

"tom A" wrote in message
news
Carol

what a wonderful tag line, have a happy NY

================
Same to you Tom. )
--
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 27-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Ann in Houston

"George" wrote in message

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
I have never seen or heard of a white Christmas in Houston, Texas! It

feels
like we made history tonight. The kids even made a snowman. It's
absolutely amazing. My MIL's party has never been so exciting. All the
kids had a blast. It was great! Merry Christmas, all!

How much snow did Houston receive (in iches, of course)?

Well, we got about two inches here, but south of here, they got as much as a
foot. They even got about a foot in some parts of the beach in Galveston.
That was one strange thing about it. The moisture that comes in off the
gulf was providing the precip that froze. Therefore, we kind of had an
upside down weather pattern. Points north, that usually get the flurries
got nothing.

Old 27-12-2004, 05:57 AM
George

DQoiQW5uIGluIEhvdXN0b24iIDxtYWZyYWxleUBzYmNnbG9iYW wubmV0PiB3cm90ZSBpbiBtZXNz
YWdlIG5ld3M6RkxNemQuNjcyMSRpQzQuMjc4MEBuZXdzc3ZyMz AubmV3cy5wcm9kaWd5LmNvbS4u
Lg0KPiANCj4gIkdlb3JnZSIgPGdlb3JnZUB3dGZpc3dyb25nd2 l0aHlvdS5jb20+IHdyb3RlIGlu
IG1lc3NhZ2UNCj4gbmV3czpDSml6ZC43MDg2OTIkbUQuNTQzMj QzQGF0dGJpX3MwMi4uLg0KPj4N
Cj4+ICJBbm4gaW4gSG91c3RvbiIgPG1hZnJhbGV5QHNiY2dsb2 JhbC5uZXQ+IHdyb3RlIGluIG1l
c3NhZ2UNCj4+IG5ld3M6UUc3emQuODQxOSR3aTIuMjU4QG5ld3 NzdnIxMS5uZXdzLnByb2RpZ3ku
Y29tLi4uDQo+PiA+SSBoYXZlIG5ldmVyIHNlZW4gb3IgaGVhcm Qgb2YgYSB3aGl0ZSBDaHJpc3Rt
YXMgaW4gSG91c3RvbiwgVGV4YXMhICBJdA0KPiBmZWVscw0KPj 4gPiBsaWtlIHdlIG1hZGUgaGlz
dG9yeSB0b25pZ2h0LiAgVGhlIGtpZHMgZXZlbiBtYWRlIGEgc2 5vd21hbi4gIEl0J3MNCj4+ID4g
YWJzb2x1dGVseSBhbWF6aW5nLiAgTXkgTUlMJ3MgcGFydHkgaG FzIG5ldmVyIGJlZW4gc28gZXhj
aXRpbmcuICBBbGwgdGhlDQo+PiA+IGtpZHMgaGFkIGEgYmxhc3 QuICBJdCB3YXMgZ3JlYXQhICBN
ZXJyeSBDaHJpc3RtYXMsIGFsbCENCj4+ID4NCj4+DQo+PiBIb3 cgbXVjaCBzbm93IGRpZCBIb3Vz
dG9uIHJlY2VpdmUgKGluIGljaGVzLCBvZiBjb3Vyc2UpPw0KPi ANCj4gV2VsbCwgd2UgZ290IGFi
b3V0IHR3byBpbmNoZXMgaGVyZSwgYnV0IHNvdXRoIG9mIGhlcm UsIHRoZXkgZ290IGFzIG11Y2gg
YXMgYQ0KPiBmb290LiAgVGhleSBldmVuIGdvdCBhYm91dCBhIG Zvb3QgaW4gc29tZSBwYXJ0cyBv
ZiB0aGUgYmVhY2ggaW4gR2FsdmVzdG9uLg0KPiBUaGF0IHdhcy BvbmUgc3RyYW5nZSB0aGluZyBh
Ym91dCBpdC4gIFRoZSBtb2lzdHVyZSB0aGF0IGNvbWVzIGluIG 9mZiB0aGUNCj4gZ3VsZiB3YXMg
cHJvdmlkaW5nIHRoZSBwcmVjaXAgdGhhdCBmcm96ZS4gIFRoZX JlZm9yZSwgd2Uga2luZCBvZiBo
YWQgYW4NCj4gdXBzaWRlIGRvd24gd2VhdGhlciBwYXR0ZXJuLi AgUG9pbnRzIG5vcnRoLCB0aGF0
IHVzdWFsbHkgZ2V0IHRoZSBmbHVycmllcw0KPiBnb3Qgbm90aG luZy4NCj4+DQo+IA0KDQpBIGZv
b3Qgb2Ygc25vdyBpbiBHYWx2ZXN0b24/ICBKZWV6ISEhICBXZSBnb3QgMTEgaW5jaGVzIChpbmNs
dWRpbmcgMyBpbmNoZXMgb2Ygc2xlZXQpLCBhbmQgSSBsaXZlIG luIExvdWlzdmlsbGUu

Old 27-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Crashj

On or about Mon, 27 Dec 2004 05:06:45 GMT, "Ann in Houston"
wrote something like:

The moisture that comes in off the
gulf was providing the precip that froze. Therefore, we kind of had an
upside down weather pattern. Points north, that usually get the flurries
got nothing.

That would be what we call here, "lake effect" snow. Usually happend
off the down wind side of the Great Lakes, or the Great Salt Lake, or
Lake Champlain, for instance. Makes for Great Skiing!
--
Crashj
Old 27-12-2004, 03:50 PM
George

wrote something like:

The moisture that comes in off the
gulf was providing the precip that froze. Therefore, we kind of had an
upside down weather pattern. Points north, that usually get the flurries
got nothing.

That would be what we call here, "lake effect" snow. Usually happend
off the down wind side of the Great Lakes, or the Great Salt Lake, or
Lake Champlain, for instance. Makes for Great Skiing!
--
Crashj

About the only place hilly enough in the Houston area to ski would be an
interstate exit ramp, and I wouldn't recommend anyone do that.

Old 27-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Ann in Houston

wrote something like:

The moisture that comes in off the
gulf was providing the precip that froze. Therefore, we kind of had an
upside down weather pattern. Points north, that usually get the

flurries
got nothing.

That would be what we call here, "lake effect" snow. Usually happend
off the down wind side of the Great Lakes, or the Great Salt Lake, or
Lake Champlain, for instance. Makes for Great Skiing!
--
Crashj

About the only place hilly enough in the Houston area to ski would be an
interstate exit ramp, and I wouldn't recommend anyone do that.

Thankfully, familiarity doesn't breed enough contempt around here for anyone
to have been complacent (or stupid )enough to try it. I'm sure Crash was
referring to the texture of the snow. Besides, the further South you go,
where the snow was deeper, the fewer exit ramps there are. I would love to
have seen snow on the beach.

Old 28-12-2004, 07:09 AM
George

wrote something like:

[...]

Having spent quite a lot of time on beaches in Florida, I must say that the
thought of snow on the beach is quite incongruous.