Old 22-02-2005, 11:11 PM
jedi

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
What changes or additions are you thinking about next year?

If I win the lotto...... No, real changes. (Not make-believe changes to go
with your make-believe anti-spam e-mail addresses. ;o) ~ jan

I have been toying with the idea of putting in a more formal looking pond
for some time. Your page may have inspired me to do the work....

Old 23-02-2005, 02:07 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:11:07 -0500, "jedi" wrote:

I have been toying with the idea of putting in a more formal looking pond
for some time. Your page may have inspired me to do the work....

Coool, hope to see pictures to see what you come up with. ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 23-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Benign Vanilla

"jedi" wrote in message
snip
Ooh good topic...

1. Dig and install new Lotus only garden. Possibly named Ode to Nedra.
2. Finish patching and cementing stream.

Does Nedra have to be dead to have an Ode?

Nope...just look at her lotus to see she deserves an Ode. What a silly
word...ode.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 23-02-2005, 10:32 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I've always wanted one. I just don't have a lot of room left.

====================
I wish we had put in one huge pond of 3 to 4000 gallons rather than the 2
smaller ponds of 800 and 2000 gallons.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html

Old 24-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message ...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I've always wanted one. I just don't have a lot of room left.

====================
I wish we had put in one huge pond of 3 to 4000 gallons rather than the 2
smaller ponds of 800 and 2000 gallons.

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

Old 24-02-2005, 04:17 PM
jedi

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message ...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I've always wanted one. I just don't have a lot of room left.

====================
I wish we had put in one huge pond of 3 to 4000 gallons rather than the

2
smaller ponds of 800 and 2000 gallons.

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

I really like not having any shelves at all. Since I redid my pond to be
without them (some years ago now) I have not had one loss from raccoons
which had been a constant problem. I also have crates upside down that the
plants sit on and with one side of them being higher than the others they
serve as caves that the fish love to hang out in. As the saying goes...
different strokes for different folks...

Old 24-02-2005, 05:18 PM
~ Wysong ~

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message ...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I've always wanted one. I just don't have a lot of room left.

====================
I wish we had put in one huge pond of 3 to 4000 gallons rather than the

2
smaller ponds of 800 and 2000 gallons.

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

================================
Fortunately we have enough shelves in both ponds. We've considered ripping
both liners out (ponds are 6 foot apart) and making one large pond with a
decent waterfall. But then we've discussed moving to town since we're
getting older and there's a lot of yardwork out here. It's also
inconvenient since everything is so far away. Before putting more money
into a larger pond which we would be forced to leave behind, we're not doing
anything "pondwise" - if that makes any sense at all. :-))
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
I have a firm grip on reality.

Old 24-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Derek Broughon

On Thu, 2005-24-02 at 11:17 -0500, jedi wrote:
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

I really like not having any shelves at all. Since I redid my pond to be
without them (some years ago now) I have not had one loss from raccoons
which had been a constant problem. I also have crates upside down that the
plants sit on and with one side of them being higher than the others they
serve as caves that the fish love to hang out in. As the saying goes...
different strokes for different folks...

Shelves/no shelves is as good an argument as rock bottoms, or roofing
vs. pond EPDM :-)

I had plenty of shelves in my last pond. The next one won't have any.
It's just much more flexible (and easier) to make the pond straight
sided and add milk crates or PVC racks to put plants on.

A bog's nice, though.
--
derek

Old 24-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Crashj

On or about Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:05:51 -0500, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote something like:
"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message ...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I've always wanted one. I just don't have a lot of room left.

====================
I wish we had put in one huge pond of 3 to 4000 gallons rather than the 2
smaller ponds of 800 and 2000 gallons.

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

I have the same problem with my wine cellar.
--
Crashj
Old 24-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Benign Vanilla

wrote something like:
"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message ...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in

message

I've always wanted one. I just don't have a lot of room left.
====================
I wish we had put in one huge pond of 3 to 4000 gallons rather than the

2
smaller ponds of 800 and 2000 gallons.

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

I have the same problem with my wine cellar.

If you even try to tell me you drink wine while you plant your pond
plants...I'll have to sick my attorney's on you too.

Old 24-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

wrote something like:

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message ...

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in

message

I've always wanted one. I just don't have a lot of room left.

====================
I wish we had put in one huge pond of 3 to 4000 gallons rather than the

2

smaller ponds of 800 and 2000 gallons.

I wish I made mine more like 5000-6000. And I wish I had put in more
shelves.

I have the same problem with my wine cellar.

If you even try to tell me you drink wine while you plant your pond
plants...I'll have to sick my attorney's on you too.

Your attorney's wine or your attorney's plants? Either way, I don't
want to be there when you sick them on someone....

-- Kizhe