Old 11-01-2005, 05:58 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default New Topic 2 - Plans for Next Year

What changes or additions are you thinking about next year?

If I win the lotto...... No, real changes. (Not make-believe changes to go
with your make-believe anti-spam e-mail addresses. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 11-01-2005, 06:58 AM
~ Windsong ~

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
What changes or additions are you thinking about next year?

$$ We're leveling an inground kiddy pool with a small waterfall in front of
the front porch. The darn thing keep sinking on one side showing the
liner.... AAAARGGGGHHH!!! It's enough to make me crazy! I pulled the
pool out, but with the rain and soggy ground we can't do much with it now.

If I win the lotto...... No, real changes. (Not make-believe changes to go
with your make-believe anti-spam e-mail addresses. ;o) ~ jan

$$ If I win the lotto you wont see me around these parts for while......

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Benign Vanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
What changes or additions are you thinking about next year?

If I win the lotto...... No, real changes. (Not make-believe changes to go
with your make-believe anti-spam e-mail addresses. ;o) ~ jan

Ooh good topic...

1. Dig and install new Lotus only garden. Possibly named Ode to Nedra.
2. Finish patching and cementing stream.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
kathy

Spring of '05

General demucking of pond bottom. Distributing muck
to happy trees and shrubs in the backyard.

Repotting of four jj lilies I put in last year.

Try and get the six foot high grasses out of the
one of the edge bays that I planted in there as
seeds from a lake in Northern Idaho. Give up as
impossible.

Hope that more of the pacific chorus frogs I adopted
as eggs from jj return to the pond. Hope the lady bullfrog
doesn't return. Remind myself that if lady bullfrog does
show up not to make any rash announcements about catching
her. This just leads to embarrassment.

kathy

Old 12-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Ann in Houston

Not waiting until next year for the first item. We need to get the big pond
re-lined. Bad timing on ordering the new one. It came as the weather and
family obligations got prohibitive. After we get that done, I'll plant the
free plants that I got from my best friend's now-defunct pond (which I gave
her to begin with), and add the fish back in. Then, we have to camouflage
the trough that the gravel bog is in and make it look like the return is a
waterfall. I'll believe that one when I see it, frankly. And finally,
build the cover over the new koi pond, since that was the whole reason we
built it. Once that's done, I can pot up some pretty patio plants so our
new porch area can live up to its potential.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

1. Dig and install new Lotus only garden. Possibly named Ode to Nedra.

LOL! I once had one of the old posters here (Rennie?) name a Chinchilla
after me.... and then he told me later it was a boy. s At least you
won't have that problem Nedra. ;o) ~ jan
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
What changes or additions are you thinking about next year?

If I win the lotto...... No, real changes. (Not make-believe changes to go
with your make-believe anti-spam e-mail addresses. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Plan for spring/summer 2005:

Dig/line/fill pond #2. This is to be ~6'x6', on the shady side of the
sunroom, right under the edge of it, so when you're in the sunroom it
looks like the water goes right underneath you (but the overhang is
actually only about 4"). Surrounding landscaping to include some of the
monster rocks they dug out to do the sunroom footings (levering them in
to place will require some....leverage. In a family full of engineers,
this is what we do for fun ;-). Then, general cleanup and repair of the
backyard from the construction damage. Goal: naturalized "forest floor"
kind of look.

-- Kizhe

Old 13-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Nedra

Wow! No wonder my ears have been ringing!! LOL ... I really
Really like your Ode to Nedra, BV ;-)

This coming year I hope to try planting some water lilies in the Koi pond.
What can I plant the lilies in to ensure the koi wont have a wonderful
luncheon?
Got any swell ideas? I mean other than covering the planting tops with
rocks

Thanks those of you who have upheld my badly sagging reputation. Love y'all
muchly.

Nedra in Missouri

Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond:

Old 14-01-2005, 01:59 AM
southernbc

Hi Nedra,

I saw somewhere the planting pots could be packed with heavy clay which
in turn gives the Koi minerals they need anyways.
Southernbc

Old 14-01-2005, 02:55 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Wow! No wonder my ears have been ringing!! LOL ... I really
Really like your Ode to Nedra, BV ;-)

This coming year I hope to try planting some water lilies in the Koi pond.
What can I plant the lilies in to ensure the koi wont have a wonderful
luncheon?

$$ My koi don't bother the leaves much but will dig them out of the pots and
kill them. I now put bird netting all around the pot when the lily is
dormant. The top of the pots are completely covered. The leaves grow up
through the netting and koi can't root them out of their pots. However
being rough and tumble fish my koi do bruise and tear the leaves. Lilies
just don't thrive in my koi pond like they do in the GF pools.

Got any swell ideas? I mean other than covering the planting tops with
rocks

Thanks those of you who have upheld my badly sagging reputation. Love

y'all
muchly.

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway."

Old 14-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Nedra

Carol,

How do you secure the netting to the lily pots?
All ideas are welcome

Nedra

Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond: