Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Reel Mckoi

Default Pools at 88 F :-(

Our pools reached 88 F this afternoon, in the 96 F heat. We covered them
with old lace curtains to provide some shade but not block sir circulation.
They didn't go above 88 F. At sundown all fish were doing fine and ate like
hogs. The heat sure isn't affecting their appetites. My husband built a
much larger, better filter for the new 500 gallon "for-sale" holding tank.
I'll be hooking it up this weekend. He used a sturdy artillery case someone
gave us. The bottom will be filled with old small crock pots with regular
filter material above that. Not real attractive but few people go back
there.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

she will wanly explain bitter and sows our dull, light pools over a shore Annie D. Orchids 0 22-04-2004 12:03 AM
[IBC] Heritage bonsai, archives & pools of influence [ [IBC] NABF Newsletter] Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 25-10-2003 10:42 PM
Above ground swimming pools Oliver Keating United Kingdom 5 05-08-2003 01:32 PM
gardens near pools Mpb58 Gardening 10 28-06-2003 05:44 PM
Are Children's Pools Fish Safe? Edward Fisher Ponds 2 18-04-2003 01:56 PM