Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-02-2006, 03:22 AM posted to austin.gardening
harriswest

Default Cats are evil (not off-topic)

So,

My heirloom Black Krim tomato seedlings I planted in early January in
pots for future transplant are strangely withering. It's a mystery, no
fungus, enough water but not too much, why why why????

Until I catch my siamese spraying them. They are evil, why do we allow
them into the house? G

On the plus side, we've been enjoying an abundance of chard. I love the
stuff and it's one of those "bulletproof" winter plants. I've had poor
luck with lettuce, spinach and brassicas because they bolt during our
extended winter warm spells, but I can always count on chard. It
tolerates the heat, doesn't care about 22F freezes, and grows like a
weed.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX