Old 30-03-2007, 03:14 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Catnip?

Does anyone in the Ghetto Triangle (183/Lamar/Rundberg) or Ghetto
Rectangle (Lamar/183/Burnet/Braker) have a catnip bed I can come
steal a clump from? My cuttings keep croaking when I transfer them
from water to potting mix :\

I'll bring my own spade and bucket...
Old 30-03-2007, 03:44 AM posted to austin.gardening

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:14:19 -0500, WoolyGooly
wrote:

Does anyone in the Ghetto Triangle (183/Lamar/Rundberg) or Ghetto
Rectangle (Lamar/183/Burnet/Braker) have a catnip bed I can come
steal a clump from? My cuttings keep croaking when I transfer them
from water to potting mix :\

I'll bring my own spade and bucket...

Why not go buy a four inch pot for two dollars?
Old 30-03-2007, 03:50 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
WoolyGooly wrote:

Does anyone in the Ghetto Triangle (183/Lamar/Rundberg) or Ghetto
Rectangle (Lamar/183/Burnet/Braker) have a catnip bed I can come
steal a clump from? My cuttings keep croaking when I transfer them
from water to potting mix :\

I'll bring my own spade and bucket...

I have some... but I am in San Marcos. :-)

Oddly enough, my patch was "volunteer" from some seeds that must have
been mixed with my asparagus rootlings. It's been alive in the asparagus
beds for a good 7 years now.

It appears to grow well from seed, but if you are in my area, you are
welcome to some.

I'd bring it to you in Austin, but I'm not planning to go there anytime
soon! Oh, April 21'st at Ironworks for a cooking list get-together a'
la' Wertz is arranging it. G
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 31-03-2007, 03:56 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:44:33 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:

Why not go buy a four inch pot for two dollars?

Pick one:

A) Because it's more fun to gad about north Austin digging up bodies.

B) "Catnip" is code, I work for APD, I'm on a phishing expedition for
dealers.

C) I'd rather get a clump from an established plant colony that is
growing in similar conditions to those that exist in my yard; this
will allow me to bring hom the clump, dig a hole, and drop in the
ganga. Er, catnip.
Old 31-03-2007, 08:43 PM posted to austin.gardening

wrote:

Why not go buy a four inch pot for two dollars?

Pick one:

A) Because it's more fun to gad about north Austin digging up bodies.

B) "Catnip" is code, I work for APD, I'm on a phishing expedition for
dealers.

C) I'd rather get a clump from an established plant colony that is
growing in similar conditions to those that exist in my yard; this
will allow me to bring hom the clump, dig a hole, and drop in the
ganga. Er, catnip.

giggles

If you don't get any joy from anyone else and are willing to take a
short hop to South Austin, I'll be at "Ironworks" around 19:00 on
April 21st. My Catmint is looking very good right now so I can pot a
clump for you, get it "healthy" and bring it with me.

Let me know. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 31-03-2007, 08:46 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

wrote:

Why not go buy a four inch pot for two dollars?

Pick one:

A) Because it's more fun to gad about north Austin digging up bodies.

B) "Catnip" is code, I work for APD, I'm on a phishing expedition for
dealers.

C) I'd rather get a clump from an established plant colony that is
growing in similar conditions to those that exist in my yard; this
will allow me to bring hom the clump, dig a hole, and drop in the
ganga. Er, catnip.

giggles

If you don't get any joy from anyone else and are willing to take a
short hop to South Austin, I'll be at "Ironworks" around 19:00 on
April 21st. My Catmint is looking very good right now so I can pot a
clump for you, get it "healthy" and bring it with me.

Let me know. :-)

Ps, it has survived 7 winters now by simply being protected by a sheet
or blanket during frosts. I also let it bloom and seed...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:50:25 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

It appears to grow well from seed, but if you are in my area, you are
welcome to some.

I've tried to start it from seed in the past with little luck. I
bought a package of organic cat ganja yesterday from Petsmart that is
mostly seeds and stems. Today I'll sieve it and plant it in a pot of
finished horse manure, with luck I'll have sprouts in a week or so.

On a more positive note four other sorts of mint are going gangbusters
on the west side - even surviving benign neglect through most of last
year's no-rain conditions. The catnip ought to do equally well in the
same area.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:23 PM posted to austin.gardening

wrote:

It appears to grow well from seed, but if you are in my area, you are
welcome to some.

I've tried to start it from seed in the past with little luck. I
bought a package of organic cat ganja yesterday from Petsmart that is
mostly seeds and stems. Today I'll sieve it and plant it in a pot of
finished horse manure, with luck I'll have sprouts in a week or so.

On a more positive note four other sorts of mint are going gangbusters
on the west side - even surviving benign neglect through most of last
year's no-rain conditions. The catnip ought to do equally well in the
same area.

Best of luck! :-)

My offer still stands if it does not work out.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

trouble with catnip five of four Plant Science 5 17-09-2003 03:53 AM
Catnip John DeBoo Edible Gardening 9 09-08-2003 08:02 PM
Catnip Alternative Janice United Kingdom 7 23-06-2003 08:20 AM
growing catnip indoors Jessica Gardening 4 16-06-2003 09:32 PM
Introducing "CATNIP AND KEROSENE GRASS" Evar Grieg Gardening 0 04-03-2003 01:27 AM