Old 29-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Michelle

Default where did all those wild vegies go ?

Hey I was reading a post on my cooking group and one user always
posts a factoid about food this time it was about a chili pepper plant
and it's ancesstory .
so my question is how come you don't just see vegetables growing all
over the place wild like som crazy out of control tomatoes or somthing
like that once I saw some whild sunflowers in the woods and I saw a
pumpkin once but not too much else I see whild fruit all the time like
crab apples or sour cherry but no bunches of
Have we imbread cultivated food plants that they just don't grow wild
where did all the wild plants go that we cultivated modern vegetables
from?
Just a queery
Michelle
"Love is the water in the garden of life "
Old 29-01-2004, 07:34 PM
N. Woolley

The wild plants are still there. They just look like weeds to you. Check
out Useful Wild Plants at: http://www.usefulwildplants.org/index.htm
They teach a class call WeedFeed. You can learn to forage in your own
backyard!

Old 29-01-2004, 11:42 PM
B-0b1

Michelle...that was ages ago.LOL The Grand Valley, Colo. had wild
Asparagus
growing the entire length of the Grand Canal ( about 60 miles) as well
as all off-shoot irrigation ditches, both large and small. It first
became against the law to go out and pick
then later on they were poisoned by the "authorities"...this really
angered the citizens and when voting time came, the citizens cleaned
house. Too late but it did show resolve!

Wild herbals are suffering the same fate...such a Mullien in Texas as
well as other "healing" herbals. Texas Echinacea ( Blue corn flower) was
erradicted over a century ago by greedy
guts who shipped it all to Europe at an high profit! Only private
patches grow now and they are few and far between. "and GOD made all
growing things that were food to eat"
(until commerical interests came along!! GRRRR!!)

No wonder the EARTH is now doomed for destruction in 3034. It would have
disappeared in 1998...but we were given a reprieve and the HELIM SUN a/o
09/03/91 was amelioratted by "Friendlies" from out thar somewhar!!

We now have an all HYDROGEN Star with neutron ejection out of the ESE
side and two small helium SUNS being FED by collectors crossing same. No
helium chemistry See the net site :www.nasa.gov.SOHO.08/29/2003. or visit
NASA SOHO site and plug in the imaging date per instructions. I HOPE they
still have it available..if NOT e-mail me and I will send you a copy! It
is AWSOME! This pix is iteration # 2 after the original setup in 1997
and 1998! The iteration #1 is in my crashed I-MAC..LOL! The original
delivery of special "torpedos" by a HUGE spherical space craft is in my
blown out 340 type MAC that has a badly designed power supply! It
represents quite an history..then and now!

I was an Aerospce consultant for oer 30 yrs and got in on the beginnings
with SKY lab when our SUN went half-life on Jan 12, 1962 and began its
crazy spiral toward its almost DEATH in Nov of 1997! We have a special
group to thank..they ARE still in our skies. ( probably for at east 650
yrs to go or more??? "The Watchers"??? ) B-0b1

--
"Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

Old 30-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Elliot Richmond

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:32:26 -0600, B-0b1 wrote:

No wonder the EARTH is now doomed for destruction in 3034. It would have

Hmm... I see I am going to have to revise my syllabus for stellar
astronomy. I was under the insane notion we were good for another few
billion years.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor
Old 30-01-2004, 01:11 AM
Victor Martinez

Elliot Richmond wrote:
Hmm... I see I am going to have to revise my syllabus for stellar
astronomy. I was under the insane notion we were good for another few
billion years.

I think he forgot to take his medicine.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 30-01-2004, 04:34 AM
Michelle

wow I don't deserve the 9807 I
recieved in science either I was under the impression we had a bit
more time as well CRAP only 650 years
left I shall have to start getting my affairs in order. And
spend that quality time I've been meaning to with my family .
My how time flies
SIGH! :- l

Old 30-01-2004, 04:35 AM
Michelle

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:10:44 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Elliot Richmond wrote:
Hmm... I see I am going to have to revise my syllabus for stellar
astronomy. I was under the insane notion we were good for another few
billion years.

I think he forgot to take his medicine.

You mean I don't have to start writing my will yet?
I've got more than a mere 650 years left.
Wheeeeeew !That makes me feel better.
....:; - ) He HE HE you guys are fun
Seriously though I learn some neat stuff on thes group
Michelle
Old 01-02-2004, 06:35 AM
B-0b1

see below

wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:32:26 -0600, B-0b1 wrote:

No wonder the EARTH is now doomed for destruction in 3034. It would have

Hmm... I see I am going to have to revise my syllabus for stellar
astronomy. I was under the insane notion we were good for another few
billion years.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor

The reason the "time table" was mentioned is that out GOV't is getting ITCHY
and we might see a unified "dictatorship" LONG before the several BIG
confrontations
start SOON..sic: The continued fighting since Daddy Bush and the Gulf War
followed
by more OIL rich countries beginning involved.(as predicted) . ARMAGEDDON
anyone???
Don't be so ready to POO POO this as it might mean your life?? LONG before
the end problems
begin. After all it wasn't that long ago the the Inquisition started in
about 356 AD on a Monday
, April 4th! TIME FLIES!!! And we still do NOT have our act together as a
planet!
Stupid remarks just delay it even further?? B-0b1

--
"Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:36 AM
B-0b1

Like I said..give me your personal E-mail ( the real one) and I'll send you
the
latest update on our SUN...iteration TWO since the initial prep's were made
in Nov 1997.
GET and education , oh mister super author! Writing is ONE thing...Truth is
quite another!
Science fiction is now DEAD in the face of reality! B-0b1

Old 01-02-2004, 07:02 AM
B-0b1

see below

wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:32:26 -0600, B-0b1 wrote:

No wonder the EARTH is now doomed for destruction in 3034. It would have

Hmm... I see I am going to have to revise my syllabus for stellar
astronomy. I was under the insane notion we were good for another few
billion years.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor

-- My apologies for the "top Posting" but since Elliot seems as a blathering
yet articulate Moron

I felt it a useful ploy to do so..If HE would go to the
NASA.gov.SOHO.imaging.date(as instructed)
He might change his syllabus more quickly??? After all we ALL would
have been DEAD BEFORE
2000.had none had the "Science" to make it otherwise! Count OUR
Blessings people! LOL!
I've been watching this scenario since Jan 12th 1962 when our SUN went
"half life" and LOST its'
Polarity! SEpt 1.2.3., 1991 saw our SUN go completely HELIUM. ANd HOT
became a reality as did
Seasonal CHANGES of a large Magnitude as well. The NEW SUN is all
HYDOGEN again with controlled . geometries and chemisties to assure that
HELIUM is NOT again allowed as a part of the once normal scenario!
NASA may have Pulled the 08/29/2003 SUN shots??? If SO..I' will send it
to anyone who desires same!
All I need is a CORRECT "E-mail" to which I may send same! B-0b1

Old 01-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Steve Wertz

And everyone thought Mapi was 'out there'.

-sw
Old 01-02-2004, 08:12 AM
Steve Wertz

Old 01-02-2004, 10:09 PM
jamie

Michelle wrote:
Have we imbread cultivated food plants that they just don't grow wild
where did all the wild plants go that we cultivated modern vegetables
from?

Some are quite common, you just don't recognize them. Queen Anne's Lace,
for example, is wild carrot. The taproot is quite small, but recognizably
smells like a carrot, although it isn't sweet like cultivated ones.
It's not orange, either, but cultivated carrots in other parts of the
world come in red, yellow, white, and I think purple.

You may see wild lettuces, but they don't look like lettuce once they've
grown a flower stalk. Cultivated lettuce is picked early, because later
it develops a bitter sap. Maize, before being bred to our large-eared
corn, was more like a large grass.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Vegies from seed Brerfox Australia 6 21-06-2005 09:18 AM
Eucalypts and vegies Timbo Australia 1 27-04-2005 09:29 AM
How are the vegies, everyone? Chookie Australia 15 28-07-2004 10:47 PM
where did all those wild vegies go? Michelle Gardening 26 31-01-2004 05:42 PM
winter vegies Luke Australia 6 13-05-2003 02:32 PM