Old 30-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Otto Bahn

"Sn!pe" wrote

Is it September already?

September never ended, and it won't end until
AOL drops the usernet.

Damn, it might as well rain then.

Good fishin' weather if you don't mind getting wet.

--oTTo--

Old 30-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Mark South

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:03:50 +0100, Sn!pe wrote:

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

HTH, HAND, HORSE.

More acronyms. Why can't you people just speak English? You act as if
English isn't the official language of the Usernet.

*sigh* Why cain't folks jest get along? [hock-ptooie-ding]

I do so heartily wish you bloody American johnnies wouldn't come along and
fill the Internet, which is, after all, a product of impeccable english
pedigree, with your barbaric-sounding, not to say grossly undereducated,
attempts at dialect, based as they are, to boot, on historically
unmotivated variant spelling.

Didn't they teach Shakespeare at Pee-Ess-mumblety-codswallop or wherever
you went to go and buy drugs every day during your teens?

So learn the King's English or get off the damned UseNet[TM].
--
mark south: world citizen, net denizen
echo | tr [a-z] [n-za-m]

Old 30-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Mark South

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:03:26 -0400, Otto Bahn wrote:

"Tony Davison" wrote

Is it September already?

September never ended, and it won't end until
AOL drops the usernet.

"Dumps", oTTo. "Dumps".

Looks at top right hand corner of screen Oh shit it nearly is, must have
gone in early for freshers week.

Puh-lease. Everyone knows the clock is in the lower
right hand corner.

Tony most be one of those Austrians (AKA ****ing Austrians). You know
everything is in the opposite place in the southern hemisphere.

Old 30-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Matthew L. Martin

Otto Bahn wrote:
"Sn!pe" wrote

Is it September already?

September never ended, and it won't end until
AOL drops the usernet.

Damn, it might as well rain then.

Good fishin' weather if you don't mind getting wet.

Good fission weather?
Good fusion weather?
Good mission weather?
Good fashion weater?

Who cares about getting wet. (FNARR if you must)

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Old 30-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Otto Bahn

"Mark South" wrote

Looks at top right hand corner of screen Oh shit it nearly is, must have
gone in early for freshers week.

Puh-lease. Everyone knows the clock is in the lower
right hand corner.

Tony most be one of those Austrians (AKA ****ing Austrians). You know
everything is in the opposite place in the southern hemisphere.

Only relative to us. To them, it really is the
upper right corner.

--oTTo--

Old 30-08-2005, 08:45 PM
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

ISP (Internet Service Portal)

Now we know why Kevie is called the one handed bandit.
Old 30-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Mark South

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:36:00 -0400, Otto Bahn wrote:

"Mark South" wrote

Looks at top right hand corner of screen Oh shit it nearly is, must have
gone in early for freshers week.

Puh-lease. Everyone knows the clock is in the lower
right hand corner.

Tony most be one of those Austrians (AKA ****ing Austrians). You know
everything is in the opposite place in the southern hemisphere.

Only relative to us. To them, it really is the
upper right corner.

Well, if they are silly enough to hang their monitors upside down....

Old 30-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Marcus Houlden

wrote the following to uk.misc:

September never ended, and it won't end until
AOL drops the usernet.

Dunno about "usernet", but they dropped Usenet support back in January
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01...ff_newsgroups/

mh.
--
From address is a blackhole. Reply-to address is valid.

"People are animals too."
Old 30-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:56:08 -0600, Lamey- the cable guy
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:51:53 -0700, wrote:

UTBill yammered:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:34:58 -0700, wrote:

Sam Nelson yammered:

In article ,
says...
"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote in message

I don't understand why you make that distinction. Isn't humor and wit
^^^^^
borderless? Also, why do you assume I'm an American?

Clue going over your head right now.

The fact that `Mr Wilson refers to himself as Forename Initial Dot
Lastname is more atmosphere, as is the email address from behind a
hosting outfit in Boise, ID. But I'm wondering why `he' thinks the
British refer to their mothers as `mom'.

Exzactly! The correct reference to a british mother would be whore or
slut.

/betcha i'll get fan mail on this one ;-)

Ya ever find some new stomping grounds? This dude is boring.

Hopefully soon. These brit twits can always be switched on AutoSpnak.

:-)

Ya reckon we could go **** with the New Orleans or Mobile twits? Lot's
of good bait there.
-

Oh the irony. Is it difficult to pronounce "bait" with a half-dozen
hooks in your mouth.

GIT-R-DONE!

Yes, we understand where to place you on the socio-economic scale. No
need to remind us with every post.

Old 30-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Zach Is Having A British Day

Kevin S. Wilson yammered:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:29:57 +0100, "Hubert Maynard"
wrote:

"Zach Is Having A British Day" wrote in message

Word gets out ya know...kind of like steppin on ants ;-)

Q: How do you spot the American stepping on ants?
A: He's the one wearing ribbed soles.

HAW! HAW! Good one. LMAOROTFL!!!1!!!1!1

I now understand what Lord Chesterfield II meant when he said that
British humor is "inscrutable and self-referential, but grounded in
the essential existential questions."

Let me ask you something Kev me boi. Did Uncle Hubert smile a lot
when you was kissing his arse??

;-)

Old 30-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Bryce Utting

Otto Bahn wrote:
You can have it, as soon as you stop begging for technology and weapons -
which you'll never do until you can learn to differentiate between the two.

Our Navy *alone* could kick your country's arse.
Maybe throw in some Marines to occupy Parliament.

Unconditional surrender in three weeks.

that was YEARS ago, oTTo. it's time to set 'em free.

butting
Old 31-08-2005, 01:02 AM
PlusNet

Austrians?
Aren't they in the northern hemisphere?

news

Old 31-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Hubert Maynard

"PlusNet" wrote

Austrians?
Aren't they in the northern hemisphere?

Yes, dear.

Old 31-08-2005, 02:39 AM
PMD

Zach Is Having A British Day wrote:

Hubert Maynard yammered:

"Zach Is Having A British Day" wrote in message

Chrise sake Ian! Ya been holed up in Hull for the past few months?

I've never been 'holed' in my life, barring Alien abductions.

Why do I have this image in my mind of TB on all fours with GW behind
him yelling: "Squeal like a pig Tony!"

Because you have bizarre gay fantasies about World Leaders?

--

~PMD~
*****
Old 31-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:45:12 GMT, cl wrote:

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

ISP (Internet Service Portal)

Now we know why Kevie is called the one handed bandit.

A few years ago, the Idaho Department of Fish and Game conducted some
studies on trout in catch-and-release waters. Seems that some of them
became habituated to getting caught and would readily strike at an
artificial fly, placidly go through the process of being released, and
then strike at the fly again.

And again. And again. And again.

PS: Request for Consideration.